Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to perform required quality control analysis of incoming, manufactured, and outgoing material. Provide technical support to production and sales and ensure all Quality Assurance/Quality Control practices and procedures are followed. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Perform required quality control analysis of incoming, manufactured and outgoing materials with authority to make acceptance, production adjustments or rejection decisions.
- Maintain records accurately, neatly, legibly and completely.
- Perform daily laboratory activities to help meet production requirements.
- Perform instrument maintenance, calibrations, quality control checks, solutions preparations and standardization.
- Assist in addressing customer product complaints and returns through investigation and analysis and process laboratory portion of paperwork. Suggest corrective action.
- Assure timely technical support to production in regards to manufacturing adjustments and quality issues.
- Assure timely response of material acceptance/rejection decisions.
- Maintain a clean and neat laboratory at all times; clean glassware.
- Communicate to supervisor concerns about laboratory practices, operational problems, quality trends, etc.
- Perform and complete analysis, projects, analytical developments and revisions of quality policies as assigned by supervisor.
- Promote complete customer satisfaction through quality and service to both external and internal customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- All staff members are responsible for reporting food safety problems to their supervisor or the SQF Practitioner upon observation of a known or potential issue.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Perform administrative duties which includes the generation, distribution and filing of Certificates of Analysis.
- Maintain analytical capabilities.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
This position reports to the Quality Control Lab Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent is required; preferably in a science related field and/ or a 2yr science degree with 5yrs of lab experience and ability to demonstrate the skills, abilities, and knowledge needed.
- Must possess good laboratory analytical skills.
- Able to apply advanced math skills and use involved problem solving.
- Must be self-motivated and initiate continuous improvement.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit, stand, and climb stairs for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, occasionally
- Able to perform tasks requiring good manual dexterity.
- Climb ladders multiple times per day.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Able to wear a hairnet and beard net, if applicable, with a hard hat.
- No exposed jewelry in body piercings when in a GMP production area.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
1. Lead Chemist
2. QC Supervisor/Manager
3. EHS Coordinator
4. EHS Manager
5. Plant Supervisor
6. TS&D Chemist
7. Technical Sales or Business Development
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers