Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to manage the Waterloo processes, project, and control engineering activities under the direction of the Director of Engineering and Site Operations Manager. Also focus on evaluating, recommending, and implementing safety and process improvements within the Terre Haute and Waterloo facilities.
- Continuously evaluate, recommend and implement safety and process improvements for the plants.
- Promote safety in all aspects of operations to improve the safety record at this facility and throughout the company.
- Assist, mentor, and direct the activities of process and project engineers. Guide the development of engineering personnel and performance through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Provide engineering support to the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to ensure site compliance with state and federal regulations and standards (OSHA Construction & General Industry standards, OSHA PSM, RMP, RCRA, DNR, EPA, Title V/PSD, OCPSF, Dept. of Commerce, NFPA and NEC standards).
- Provide Engineering support to the Food Safety and SQF initiatives.
- Support ongoing operations and encouraging cross-functional teamwork at the site and with central engineering department.
- Develop and manage the engineering department capital and expense budgets.
- Coordinate engineering resources to provide coverage for new equipment start-ups and new process trial runs.
- Coordinate and direct all PHA reviews, which includes PHA level selection and completion of the required checklists/templates and engineering MOC action items associated with the introduction of new products/processes. Basic data requirements include mass & energy balances/process kinetics, current equipment lists and drawings, process flow diagrams, relief vent sizing calculations, etc.
- Execute all the activities required to implement new chemical processes.
- Execute projects within financial, time, and quality constraints. Promptly notify management when barriers exist to meet these goals.
- Provide written status reports on assignments on a monthly basis.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Design process systems, building additions, building modifications, upgrades to infrastructure, etc.; Includes associated documentation such as scope of work, MOC, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, material and energy balances, emergency relief system designs, equipment layouts, building layouts, equipment specifications, bills of materials, etc.
- Prepare cost estimates and prepare appropriation requests for associated equipment and facility modifications.
- Coordinate project construction, installation, and start-up activities that are performed by contractors or employees.
- Create operating procedures and training for new equipment and processes.
- Work with site management to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position initially reports to the Director of Engineering and then transitions to Site Operations Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s of Science degree is required in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in project/process engineering in chemical processing industry.
- Minimum of five years of direct technical management experience.
- Proficient understanding and experience in Process Safety Management.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Project, Power Point, Word, and Excel required and proficient in AutoCAD is preferred.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to sit and/or stand up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to climb ladders and stairways up to 40 feet in height on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to travel as needed via auto and aircraft and work outside of normal business hours.
- Occasional turning, twisting, stooping, bending, and reaching.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
At Hydrite, developing our people is the key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you’ve successfully mastered your role.
- And many others!
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/hydrite
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs_493NR8RI