Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure safety and regulatory compliance at Cottage Grove facilities in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local regulations, and industry standards. Compliance contributes toward 100% Customer Satisfaction, both internal and external. As the EHS Manager, primary responsibilities include:
- Administer Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (SOPP’s) directed at ensuring safety and regulatory compliance.
- Implement facility compliance management plans and assist the branch management team in integrating compliant safety and regulatory operating practices.
- Manage compliance with Air Pollution permits.
- Manage compliance with the Hazardous Waste Storage Part B permit.
- Manage Process Safety Management Program compliance.
- Manage compliance with Wastewater discharge requirements.
- Manage safety and regulatory evaluations of all proposed, new, or revised processes and products at the Cottage Grove facilities.
- Manage Incident Investigations relating to safety and regulatory compliance.
- Active member of the CGE and CGW “Safety Committee’s”. Assist CG Safety Manager with performing periodic job safety analyses, facility ‘walk-through’ audits, emergency response drills, identify training needs, address safety items and assist with developing and tracking committee action items.
- Manage all CG mandatory training.
- Manage SOCMA ChemStewards program.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPPs and all other duties as assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Regular attendance is essential.
- Guides employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Interact and assist corporate SQRA with safety and regulatory compliance programs, policies and procedures, including attendance at department meetings.
- Represent Hydrite as part of the Local Emergency Planning Committee. Assist CG Safety Manager with maintaining an effective 24 hour/7day ‘emergency response team’.
- Work with other staff members to maintain workload balance. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Support effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure continuous improvement.
This position reports to the Director of SQRA. Cottage Grove Safety and Regulatory personnel report to this position
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Preferably in engineering, chemistry, or natural sciences discipline.
- Five plus years of experience covering Chemical Process Operations, Process Engineering, Regulations, and Supervision.
- Three to five years of management experience is required.
- Experience working in an organic chemical plant preferred.
- Must have skills adequate to facilitate employee and manager group meetings, conduct group training, and prepare written reports and procedures.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must be capable of sitting and standing for up to one hour at a time.
- Must be capable of climbing ladders.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers