Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
The primary purpose of this position is to address the operational needs such as handling, manufacturing and loading of industrial chemicals to meet customer demand. Through the environmentally safe operations of the facility, in effective and efficient manner, Production Operator plays an important role in helping Hydrite Chemical Company supply its customers with a quality product in a timely fashion. Production Operator always strives for continuous improvement in his performance to achieve a goal of 100% satisfaction for both internal and external customers.
This position is expected to work Monday-Thursday 10am to 8pm, as well as possible Nights and Weekends.
- Move bulk trailers to and from the truck bay following safety rules for driving the tractor trailers.
- Unload raw materials following the Tank Truck Bulk Unloading SOP.
- Manufacture finished products in the production equipment according to a specific production worksheet.
- Load bulk trailers following the Tank Truck Bulk Loading SOP.
- Create schedules for all incoming and outgoing materials, as well as manufactured products.
- Maintain and update inventory of chemicals on PRISM system.
- Responsible for following “Good Manufacturing Practices” in manufacturing processes and housekeeping in all interior and exterior areas of the facility.
- Comply with company’s safety and regulatory programs. Always perform any task in a safe and environmentally sound way.
- Participate in mandatory and processes specific training.
- Communicate to your supervisor compliance, safety, and equipment needs.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide quality products and services to internal and external customers
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Perform safety inspections as directed by the supervisor.
- Actively participate in Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Perform maintenance tasks during plant shutdowns or on as needed basis.
- Works with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provides back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor, and under directions of a Shift Leader work closely with members of QC, production and maintenance departments.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Must be able to stand or walk up to 12 hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. multiple times per shift, lift 100 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to climb steps and ladders up to 40 feet high several times daily.
- Ability to wear a respirator for up to 4 hours a day. Please refer to the SOP for facial hair guidelines.
- Due to safety concerns, the wearing of contact lenses is prohibited.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers