Great teams start with good chemistry.
WHO WE ARE
We are a company where people matter.
We are family driven.
We are financially strong.
And we are looking for problem-solvers to join our growing team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to manage all processes, equipment, and personnel appropriately to meet raw material, production, and shipping demands associated with Batch Production and Truck Loading Operations at Terre Haute. This position will uphold the Hydrite “Standards of Excellence” through continuous commitment to customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
- Plan and direct production, manpower, and daily activities in the Batch Production and Truck Loading areas to meet customer demands.
- Monitor customers’ telemetric tank levels for loading and shipment planning.
- Work with Logistics Coordinator and transportation carriers to ensure timely and efficient loading of products to meet customer expectations.
- Ensure all production paperwork (including Batch Records) is accurately filled out and entered into the PRISM system and all special instructions are followed.
- Coach production personnel to have a can-do attitude that places an emphasis on safety, regulatory, and food compliance.
- Ensure that safety and regulatory compliance training is conducted to meet Hydrite and regulatory agency requirements.
- Enforce Good Manufacturing Practices, including housekeeping standards.
- Continuously evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements to the plant processes and operating procedures to improve the safety, compliance, reliability, and efficiency in the plant.
- Monitor plant equipment to ensure it is maintained to operate safely and efficiently. Coordinate with the maintenance department so that all repairs are made on a timely basis.
- Review expenses with the Plant Manager to identify and implement cost reduction activities and ensure expenses are controlled at or below budgeted levels.
- Own and develop training programs for assigned areas’ activities.
- Own and develop safety programs (such as Lockout/Tagout) for assigned areas.
- Guide employee performance and development through the use of daily communication and annual performance evaluations.
- Serve on Branch Emergency Response Team, including Incident Commander when appropriate.
- Uphold Hydrite’s Standard of Excellence through a continuous commitment to maintain quality facilities and provide highest degree of quality products and services to internal and external customers.
- Perform all duties outlined in relevant SOPs and all other duties to be assigned.
- Participate in RCRA, regulatory, health & safety and process training activities as required. Review changes/additions with your supervisor. Must be RCRA compliant.
- Review safety stock vs. production demand analysis quarterly with Branch Buyer.
- Participate in Safety, Quality, and Regulatory audits when requested.
- Assist in branch purchasing activities as a backup Branch Buyer.
- Assist in branch transportation as a backup TMS coordinator.
- Assist in branch maintenance planning by use of Maximo.
- Work with other staff members to maintain workload balances. Provide back-up support as necessary.
- Supports effective communication with all Hydrite departments where responsibilities overlap to ensure success of the branch team.
- This position reports to the Plant Manager.
- Batch and Truck Loading Operators report to the Production Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL CRITERIA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering required.
- Minimum of two years of chemical production/process engineering environment.
- Minimum of one year of supervisory experience required.
- Continuous process supervision experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Power Point, Word, and Excel required.
- Must have communication and interpersonal skills, along with the ability to read, write, and speak English.
Developing our people is key to our growth and our team success. The list below includes other positions that you could move into once you've successfully mastered your role.
- Plant Manager
- Warehouse Manager
- Maintenance Manager
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.
Watch this Why Hydrite video to find out: https://vimeo.com/201673899
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED? FIND US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/hydrite-chemical-co-
- Facebook: facebook.com/hydrite
Learn more about Hydrite on our website: www.hydrite.com/careers