We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We’re looking for a Director of Hardware Engineering to join our Hardware Business Unit and lead development on one of Hudl’s most innovative new products: Hudl Focus. Our new connected camera is entirely autonomous and can film any sporting event, anywhere, at any time.
You will directly manage the engineering team responsible for the ideation, development, and manufacturing of hardware products at Hudl. You are comfortable working across Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and firmware development. You are skilled in partnering with contract manufacturers and can guide the team through a phase-gated approach for new product development.
- Experienced in hardware. Have 12+ years experience creating new hardware products and taking them through the manufacturing process.
- A Proven Coach. Have 7+ years experience managing people, growing teams, and developing future leaders.
- A Vocal Leader. You have experience leading and delivering projects on time. You are a go-to person for hardware engineering and are able to influence and challenge teams to incorporate best practices in everything they do.
- Skilled Technically. Have solved difficult hardware problems and can go deep with a team on technical issues. Experience working with the NVIDIA Jetson platform as well as any camera based system is a plus.
- Lead. You’ll manage a wide ranging team of engineers across multiple disciplines to work together and deliver high quality hardware products.
- Deliver. You’ll turn high level company goals and initiatives into realistic yet aggressive commitments that your team can deliver against.
- Solve complex problems. You’ll help guide the team through whatever challenges may arise during prototyping, development, tooling, manufacturing, or even limitations due to supply chain challenges.
- Innovate. You’ll push the boundaries of what’s possible and keep a close eye on hardware advancements in the industry to help influence and shape future opportunities.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusive and accessible environments.
To promote Hudlies being their authentic selves and give everyone opportunities for allyship, we offer employee resource groups. These employee-led groups are drawn together by common affinities, passions and life experiences:
- Her Hudl
- Hudl Black
- Mental Health Champions
- Community Champions
We recognize there’s ongoing work to be done and track our efforts and commitments in annual diversity reports.