We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We are looking for a Sr QA Manager to join our Global Sports Library Team on the Elite Business Unit in London and help us build a new platform that will help us power the content library for all sports for all of Hudl. You will work alongside a group of engineers, following Scrum, developing the next generation of our product.
We are using a BDD solution for our API and UI level testing that focuses on the Gherkin language and supported by Python and Selenium WebDriver. You have strong experience in this stack or writing automation in C#, Java, C++ and any other automation frameworks. You have worked with and are knowledgeable about the challenges of delivering enterprise web products.
You will manage people directly as well as mentor, train, and set the technical direction of our team. You will be constantly seeking out ways to improve our Quality practices and leveling up the capability of the people around you. Ideally, you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment and passionate about building high-performance teams.
We work in a Team and Squad model and follow Scrum.
- Technical. You have in-depth experience with testing web applications and in-depth knowledge of automation and its industry recognised principles. You have implemented the test pyramid and have experience in working with Developers and QA to shift testing left.
- A Vocal Leader. You have experience leading quality initiatives and projects. You are a go-to person for product quality and are able to influence and challenge teams to incorporate quality best practices in everything they do.
- Skilled Coach. You use your technical and quality focus to coach others to improve their skills and best practices and help them deliver high quality at speed.
- A Skilled Investigator. You understand the root cause of problems. You back up your investigation with data and measure the results.
- A Problem Solver. You are detail-oriented and can identify, analyse, and solve challenging problems.
- Quality Focused. You understand quality in the big picture. You constantly research quality best practices at other companies and strive to use your learnings to improve quality and velocity.
- Lead. Lead QA to measurably improve quality and improve our ability to deliver quality at speed. You will work with teams to gain their trust and challenge other leaders and team members to make decisions with quality in mind. You empower teams to take on challenges and make their own decisions.
- Coach. Use your technical and quality understanding to pair test and automate with others on the team to level up their skills and help us shift testing left and deliver quality at high speed.
- Automate. Help us achieve our objective of keeping automation up with the speed of development, and keeping it "green" on a daily basis. You will need to design and build up automation for complex and/or greenfield applications and have it serve as a reference implementation for the team to extend.
- Measure. We can't improve what we don't measure. You will help determine the right set of measurements to help us understand quality and velocity. You will make the trends and gaps and/or improvements visible to the team.
- Improve. You will act on the quality measurements to recommend and lead the implementation of changes that allow us to measurably improve quality.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program and Employee Resource Groups have you covered.