We believe each moment in sports can change the plan, change the game and change lives. That’s why our mission is to build the world’s most powerful network of sports video and data to empower teams to make every moment count.
How? By hiring people around the world who want to help us support coaches, players, analysts, recruiters, teams, clubs and fans. Hudl customers use our products to capture video, analyze data, share highlights and a lot more. They stay ahead of the game with the latest technology and we help them achieve their goals.
Want to join us?
We're looking for a Product Designer to work on the tools that athletes use to stand out to recruiters.
You'll be designing end-to-end experiences that help athletes get inspired, get noticed and get better. One of the areas you'll focus is providing athletes with a way to collect and share their best moments to recruiters, friends and family. You'll also partner with our in-house team, as well as brand/media partners, to ensure the content we provide for our athletes meets their evolving consumption needs.
As a qualified candidate, you have an online portfolio you can share with us. (Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.) It'll show your experience guiding design projects across the entire product lifecycle, from finding opportunities to designing and validating solutions. You’ll work with a small, multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering, product and business folks to find practical solutions to design problems. Together, you’ll delight our users. You’ll take full ownership of your work and be responsible for every last detail with support from your fellow Media designer. You’ll rapidly prototype, learn by doing and know when to apply low and high fidelity.
- Passionate. You're interested in designing for mobile, web and connected devices.
- Respectfully blunt. You know how and when to tactfully say “no" and you excel at both giving and receiving feedback.
- A collaborator. You're comfortable working with stakeholders and others in a multi-disciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution. And you have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- Instinctive. You can tease out the important characteristics of users, their environments, and their processes to drive an intuitive experience.
- Have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have strong design chops, you're constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, or by designing options for an A/B test. You think that well-designed process flows are essential for creating clear user experiences.
- Lead the way. You'll guide small, cross-functional teams in creating and shipping clear and focused user experiences. You'll be accountable for how well a solution addresses a problem.
- Have strong beliefs, loosely held, about what’s best for the product. You'll understand that technical, business and design constraints factor into every product decision.
- Perform user research. You'll find the latent needs beyond just the basics of what users say they want.
- Test. You'll rough out concepts to test with developers, QA and the product manager, then sketch, mock and prototype key interactions, often throwing big pieces out when it doesn't click in a user study.
- Coordinate. You'll work closely with PM’s as we roll out improvements so we can refine it as the product gets real-world use.
- Celebrate work at Hudl retreats. We like to gather our Hudlies from around the world to showcase achievements and strategize for the future.
- Treat you like an adult. We’re all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll give you unlimited vacation time and have company-wide timeout days (no meetings allowed).
- Provide career growth. We’re lifelong learners who encourage professional development. We’ll give you tons of resources and opportunities to keep growing.
- Supply you with tools for success. We've invested in our office spaces, designing them with our employees in mind. You’ll have the enriching, flexible environment and powerful hardware you need to do your job well.
- Support your mental and physical health. We care about our employees’ wellbeing. Our Employee Assistance Program, Employee Resource Groups and fitness partner Peerfit have you covered.
- Cover your medical insurance. We have multiple plans to pick from to ensure you’ll have the coverage you (and your dependents) want.
- Contribute to your 401(K). Yep, that’s free money. We’ll match up to 4% of your own contribution.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and promote inclusion.