Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring—we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
We need an ambitious problem-solver to join our Decision Science team in Omaha, Nebraska beginning the summer of 2019 and to continue throughout the school year. You’ll use the incredible amount of data we have to help others at Hudl make better decisions. And your work will have a lot of variety.
Before we go into details, there are important things you should know about this internship:
- We're preferably looking for someone in any graduate program (e.g. masters, PhD) to join us immediately who is Omaha-based and can stick with our team for the next year.
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis (our goal is to ultimately hire an intern to join our team full-time in the future).
If you can meet all of those requirements for us, read on.
Our Decision Science team serves other internal teams at Hudl to help them make better decisions with the enormous amount of data we have. On any given day, we might be writing SQL queries to better understand user behavior over time or run data through statistical models to help our teams forecast and set better goals.
Here's a handful of examples of projects we're working on:
- Modeling out terabytes of data to ingest in our business intelligence tools for easy querying and visualization
- Building a predictive model to determine the likelihood that a customer will renew.
- Crunching numbers to guide product development of our features to drive engagement and pull more users into the Hudl platform.
As an intern, you'll work right alongside our full-time analysts. In particular, we want an intern with enough knowledge and intuition to understand how to gather insights from a set of data. We need someone who can learn new technical skills quickly. And, we like SQL experience.
- Deliver value. You will fulfill analytic requests from Hudlies in multiple departments.
- Visualize Data. You will build out data visualizations and dashboards to help our employees make more informed decisions.
- Build data models and reports. You will write SQL scripts to pull, aggregate, and display data for internal teams at Hudl and help them interpret the results.
- Plan and coordinate analytic projects. You will help our team manage tasks and communication for large scale projects across multiple departments.
- Solve problems. You will work closely with the rest of our Data Analytics and Data Engineering teams on how to best solve a problem or question posed by our internal squads. You’ll conduct research to report the good, the bad, and the ugly around opportunities to drive growth and increase engagement.
- Not one for the status quo. “That’s the way we’ve always done it” isn’t in your vocabulary. You constantly look for ways to innovate, make things better, more efficient. Good is never good enough.
- The type that gets stuff done. You identify with your work. You’re restless without a project on your task list. You have a list of finished projects on that you can look back on with a lot of pride.
- Analytical, analytical, analytical. Making decisions based on instinct raises a red flag for you. You think data is more important than opinions.
- Business Partner. You can communicate professionally with stakeholders to solve their data challenges by asking the right questions and delivering the best results.
- Comfortable with SQL. You’ve coded in SQL and can utilize those skills on day 1.
- Treat you like a full-time employee. You are part of the team, with real responsibilities and the opportunity to make a big impact at Hudl. We want to hear what you think and will often ask you to weigh in on team decisions.
- Give you what you need. We’re happy to supply the environment and tools for success, so you can focus on learning new and fun skills.
- Challenge you. Our internship program is designed to give you a challenging and rewarding experience. You can expect daily lunch and swag perks.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of a diverse team, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.