Hudl is changing the future of sports technology. We build video analysis and stats tools for teams around the world, at every level of competition. Our software and hardware products provide the insight that over 5 million coaches and teams need to help them win.
We believe that video is the best teaching tool for coaches and athletes. We build products that deliver fast, reliable video to every team everywhere. Working to solve problems about how they share in game footage, how they engage with their communities or how they better present ideas to each other.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Manager to join our embedded software team in Den Bosch and help us build our hardware products (https://www.hudl.com/products/focus). You will work alongside a group of engineers, following Scrum, developing the next generation of our product.
You are proficient in C++ and have used C, Java, or Python. You have worked on and scaled embedded systems, camera technology, or Linux based products, that would be even better.
You will manage people directly as well as mentoring, training, and setting the technical direction of our team. You will be constantly seeking out ways to improve our Quality practices and leveling up the capability of the people around you. Ideally, you are excited about working in a fast-paced environment and passionate about building high-performance teams.
We work in a Team and Squad model and follow Scrum. You would be working on the Focus Team to build a high-quality automatic capture system.
- Technical. You have experience with embedded software and hardware testing and in-depth knowledge of automation. You have implemented the test pyramid and have experience in working with Developers and QA to shift testing left.
- A Vocal Leader. You have experience leading quality initiatives and projects. You are a go-to person for product quality and are able to influence and challenge teams to incorporate quality best practices in everything they do.
- Skilled Coach. You use your technical and quality focus to coach others to improve their skills and best practices and help them deliver high quality at speed.
- A Skilled Investigator. You understand the root cause of problems. You back up your investigation with data and measure the results.
- A Problem Solver. You are detail-oriented and can identify, analyse, and solve challenging problems.
- Quality Focused. You understand quality in the big picture. You constantly research quality best practices at other companies and strive to use your learnings to improve quality and velocity.
- Understand Risk. You are an expert at evaluating and designing testing approaches to mitigate risk while ensuring adequate coverage.
- Lead. Lead QA to measurably improve quality and improve our ability to deliver quality at speed. You will work with teams to gain their trust and challenge other leaders and team members to make decisions with quality in mind.
- Coach. Use your technical and quality understanding to pair test and automate with others on the team to level up their skills and help us shift testing left and deliver quality at high speed.
- Automate. Help us achieve our objective of keeping automation up with the speed of development, and keeping it "green" on a daily basis. You will need to design and build up automation for complex and/or greenfield applications and have it serve as a reference implementation for the team to extend.
- Measure. We can't improve what we don't measure. You will help determine the right set of measurements to help us understand quality and velocity. You will make the trends and gaps and/or improvements visible to the team.
- Improve. You will act on the quality measurements to recommend and lead the implementation of changes that allow us to measurably improve quality.
- Treat you like an adult. It’s all about a healthy work-life balance. We’ll trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. (Hello, unlimited vacation policy!)
- Give you what you need. We’ll supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. You'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success, allowing for constant collaboration.