Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome.
Here’s what you need to know. Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring—we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
We’re looking for an Engineer to join the team working on Hudl’s core video delivery pipeline. Video is the lifeblood of the Hudl platform—and as a member of this team, you’ll think about the way we handle video from the moment it hits our servers to the time coaches and athletes watch it in the classroom, at home, or on the road. Hudl stores petabytes of video for coaches and athletes around the world and handles nearly 30,000 uploads a night during the busiest parts of football and basketball season from cameras, iOS devices, Hudl Focus, and more.
Hudl’s video delivery team is responsible for the systems and services that handle video throughout its lifecycle on the Hudl platform. The team works to make these systems bulletproof and enables other product and business teams to scale our existing products and introduce new ways of getting video into Hudl. As an engineer on the team, you could be spending time:
- Making improvements to our worker farm or video ingest microservices in C#
- Writing new MongoDB queries around our video data models
- A problem solver. You understand that problem solving is a team effort and will help others in our Engineering Team learn and develop.
- A translator. You translate real-world problems into elegant code solutions.
- Flexible. You understand the balancing act between crafting a robust, lasting solution and getting work done.
- Excited. You're eager to have your work used by real people to solve real problems.
- Believe culture matters. More than anything else.
- Are as passionate about winning as the coaches we serve.
- Are a team. Comprised of engineers, designers, marketers, and former athletes who love sports and/or tech.
- Are fans of rapid iteration.
- Have a profitable, kick-ass product. It's changing coaches’ and athletes’ lives globally.
- Treat you like an adult. We will trust you to get the work done and take a break when you need it. Use your unlimited vacation when and how you want, including extended parental leave for both moms and dads.
- Give you what you need. We will supply the environment and tools for success, allowing you to focus on professional growth and career development.
- Challenge you. We promise you'll be surrounded by people equally committed to the company's success.
Diversity at Hudl
Hudl is an equal opportunity employer. We understand the power of diverse teams, celebrate differences and champion inclusion.