Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
As a Manager of the Claims and Disputes department within the Member Experience team, you will manage a growing team of individuals with varying tenure. We are looking for a positive people and process manager who is excited to motivate and engage our Claims and Disputes team while modeling our HotelEngine DNA. You are passionate about resolving issues and reconciling our books at the end of the day. This team of service minded employees also enjoys accounting mysteries – from uncovering random charges to negotiating with suppliers regarding billing disputes. Our company is quickly growing, and therefore, we are looking for an individual who wants to continually elevate the overall productivity, skills and development of our teammates while highlighting and implementing opportunities for efficiency gains.
This position is Monday – Friday from 8 am – 5 pm, with one weekend a month as a manager on duty to support the Member Experience department.
Here's what you'll do:
- Provide individual coaching and development for a team of 4 to 6 individuals. This includes 1 on 1 meetings, call reviews, developing and coaching hospitality and customer service skills, and assisting employees in achieving/exceeding monthly performance goals.
- Be a positive force on the team while exuding a “servant leader” mindset by both helping individuals win while accomplishing project implementation and management
- Conducts detailed reviews of the financial, management, and administrative procedures of assigned departments, suppliers, and various third parties to ensure that proper billing practices are followed
- Collaborate with our suppliers and internal teams to determine process effectiveness and resolve billing disputes
- Reconcile overcharges and miscellaneous discrepancies that come in via email and phone from our suppliers
- Be a sleuth – you have to investigate various anomalies in our billing department to see what happened and create a positive outcome
- Develop reports including review of findings, short and long term solution, and methods for improvement to process both internally and externally to resolve issues.
- Be meticulous about details. Our team requires accurate reporting and communication documentation to ensure positive resolutions, and therefore we require details notes on all interactions.
- Work with credit card companies in regards to credit card disputes by facilitating communication between parties
- Work across multiple online portals and can dexterously move between operating systems
- Reconcile our incidental program in working closely with accounting and our member experience department to help ensure correct billing was applied and balanced
Here's what we're looking for:
- 1+ years of leadership or management experience strongly preferred
- Excellent people leader utilizing relationship, coaching, and retention tools
- Experience with Excel, Call Center Analytics, and Salesforce.com (CRM) strongly preferred
- Naturally inclined to a solution-based approach for issue resolution
- You are a time management guru and can work through your day, week and month effectively.
- Forward thinker with the capacity to be creative in developing new ideas and implement proven methods for the team
- Ability to handle sensitive matters on a confidential basis
- Able to work quickly and efficiently while still being thorough
- Excellent interpersonal skill with the ability to work professionally with persons at all levels.
- People and results-driven with a bias towards action
- Eager to learn and continue personal development for the team
- Experience working in the hospitality industry or the travel tech industry a plus!
- The base salary for this role is $70,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program