Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We are looking for a Sr. Product Marketing Manager to significantly help accelerate our market penetration. This opportunity is a key role within the marketing team and this person will own the entire product marketing function for Hotel Engine.
This individual must be highly motivated with outstanding product messaging and positioning skills and be really strong at storytelling. You will build and execute the product marketing strategy, manage all new product and feature launches, position Hotel Engine positively against competitors in the market and support strong demand for our hotel booking platform. If you are agile, nimble, obsessed with product storytelling, driven by fast growth, and have bias to action we want to talk to you ;)
- Lead the product marketing function, including development and execution of go to market strategies aligned with company objectives.
- Closely partner with product management on the roadmap to create the communication strategy for the Hotel Engine platform.
- Orchestrate the successful execution of end-to-end product and feature launches with product, marketing, member experience and sales teams.
- Develop compelling product and feature stories with clear, benefit-led, consistent messaging that resonates well with prospects and customers.
- Understand Hotel Engine’s ecosystem and our competitors, build positioning and messaging that clearly differentiates us in the market.
- Clearly understand our buyers’ pain points and create benefit-led persona-based messaging.
- Provide market feedback to product and engineering on potential new features that would bring strong benefits to customers.
- Create the entire suite of sales enablement materials: messaging & positioning documents, sales sheets, blog posts, videos etc...
- Closely work with sales to get feedback on sales enablement tools needed to increase sales.
- Partner with growth and content marketing to build the right content to drive high volume of quality inbound leads through all our digital channels.
- Support messaging and copy for our marketing campaigns across the board.
- Define goals and KPIs for all new product marketing programs (E.g., feature adoption metrics...)
- Constantly improve overall product marketing program effectiveness and increase the impact of marketing on revenue and profitability.
- Manage the product marketing budget and oversee outside agencies/contractors as needed.
- Manage weekly and monthly reporting and tracking, flagging issues for internal stakeholders and report metrics appropriately.
- Report to the VP Marketing
Required Education & Experience:
- Product Marketing Expert with at least 5-7 years' experience in supporting go to market strategies in fast-paced, leading tech companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven expertise in creating compelling and differentiating product messaging and positioning.
- Expertise in driving product launches from A to Z that clearly accelerated revenue growth.
- Strong customer centric mindset, always listening to customers, taking feedback from them to drive improvements on the product and feature side.
- Excellent copywriting skills and building on-brand copy/campaigns.
- Experience with the following tools/apps: Heap, Salesforce.com, Hubspot, Google Analytics, Asana, and web content management systems.
- Strong experience on program effectiveness and ROI measurement.
- Exceptional and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle many simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented and excellent problem-solver.
- Solid team player, we achieve more as a team!
- Strongly align with Hotel Engine’s core values: customer obsessed, bias for action etc...
- Ability to legally work in the US (sponsorship not available).
- Strong proficiency of Microsoft Office applications.
- Salary: $100,000 - $11,000
- This position has no initial direct reports.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program