Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We need a passionate driver to spearhead our fast growing new business team. Our ideal candidate has experience in building and leading high performing sales teams in both SDR and Account Executive capacity. This new role will be essential in delivering on our new business targets by building foundational processes, hiring the right talent, driving a sales strategy and maximizing pipeline growth and conversion. We’re looking for an agile team leader who naturally finds themselves asking questions, leverages data to understand the business and provides hands on support and leadership for the team. This role is a true Director level position; managing managers and directly reporting to our VP of Sales. This person must be a self-starter that has a knack for unlocking the power of a sales team at scale. This opportunity includes empowering 3 teams of Account Executives, and supporting continued headcount growth within the sales organization.
- Assume key sales leadership & vision for the new business team.
- Mentor, coach and develop sales leaders and their teams to meet new business objectives.
- Define & refine sales process, incentives, training, quotas and sales methodology.
- Sustain a team culture driven by performance.
- Manage, train and motivate the sales team.
- Drive accountability and foundation for predictable results.
- Perform a deep dive into current pipeline development, deal forecasting, and execution to refine & upscale processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key partners in Data, Marketing, Product and Supply to align on customer focus and ensure capabilities meet customer demands.
- Be a key member of the sales leadership team; lead vs. be led, contribute perspective and business acumen to scale for Hotel Engine.
- 4-5 years sales leadership experience, 2+ managing sales managers
- Prior experience thriving in a startup / high growth mid market organization
- Familiarity empowering management teams, scaling a sales engine, and creating a high performing sales culture that invests heavily in it’s people
- Proficiency in leading a team through coaching, development, and training, while also delegating responsibilities to empower others to grow.
- Process implementation & orientation that drives specific and consistent sales methodology across all stages of the sales process
- An ownership mentality; a self starter with strong work ethic and leads by example
- Anticipates future needs and thinks strategically vs. living in the here and now
- Analytical, metrics focused orientation and ability to build, maintain and accurately forecast pipeline
- Track record of hiring and development leadership talent
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program