Hotel Engine is the world’s largest Lodging Performance Network, established to create a richer, more rewarding business travel experience by connecting a global network of businesses and lodging partners. Our innovative travel-tech company is on an incredible growth trajectory and will continue to build on our strong foundations by bringing our customer obsession, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision we make.
In December of 2021, we closed our series B funding round with a $1.3 billion valuation, and that’s just the beginning. We expect 2022 to be our best year yet.
Working hard behind the scenes building and supporting our platform are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams to our fast-growing sales, supplier, and member support orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams.
We value our individuality, and we also understand that together, we thrive. Most importantly, we know we’re not for everyone! We’re focused on finding the right people who are energized by our culture, with diverse experiences and backgrounds that will help us unlock our full potential. Complacency doesn’t live here. We’ve built a team of world-class people who really want to work with other world-class people. Click here to view our DNA, and if you like what you see, please, read on!
Hotel Engine is eager to add a Senior Software Engineer, React, to our growing engineering organization! In this role, you'll be making architectural decisions, owning interdisciplinary initiatives, developing and maintaining an internal set of systems and tools, mentoring and shaping mid and junior-level engineers, and building out integrations with third parties. Intriguing? Check out more information below!
Tech we use:
- Sass / Styled Components
- Jest / React Testing Library
- Git / Github
Here's how we work:
- We ship code daily to our production, staging, and continuous integration environments
- We work in a mix of Agile & Kanban
- We keep meetings to an absolute minimum to maximize development time
- We keep to a 40-hour workweek & respect your time away from the office
- We hold React Guild meetings on a regular basis so that our front end engineers are constantly growing & leveling up together
Here's what we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience in software development
- Strong knowledge using React & Typescript at scale
- Working knowledge of modern control systems (Git/Github)
- Passion for mentorship & collaboration
- Knowledge of functional programming, development & architectural principles
- The base salary range for this role is $120,000 - $160,000/year. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise & may vary from the amount above.
- This role is eligible for remote work and you can work from anywhere in the U.S.
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine has been recognized on Built-in Colorado’s Best Places to Work list 3 years in a row (2020-2022) for our positive culture and robust growth opportunities.
As a company, we’re also dedicated to giving back to our greater community, and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries
- Annual performance bonuses
- Stock options for all associates + performance-based stock options
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees) + 100% paid dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with a match program
- Unlimited PTO + 2 paid days each year to volunteer with your favorite non-profit
- Paid parental leave and family medical leave
- Hotel discounts through our exclusive platform
- The ability to make a real impact in an incredibly fast-growing organization; you’ll never be just another cog in the wheel.