Hotel Engine, a startup based in Denver, is a leader in travel tech with a demonstrated track record of growth and impact. Our foundations are strong, and we’ve navigated the COVID-19 crisis by bringing our customer obsession, innovative platform, data-driven problem-solving, and bias for action into every decision. By partnering with tens of thousands of businesses and government agencies and hundreds of thousands of hotels around the world, we have built a resilient and adaptable business model and 2021 will be our best year yet. Working hard behind the scenes are exceptional people–from our large engineering and product teams, to our fast-growing sales, supplier and member experience orgs, to our data, marketing, and operations teams. As individuals and together, we show our DNA every day with our curiosity, will to win, ownership and high standards.
We’re looking for an Executive Assistant to the CEO to join Hotel Engine as a partner to Elia Wallen, our CEO, to ensure his schedule is optimized, his inbox is prioritized, and his team is operating at peak performance. 2021 will be a year of growth, change and exciting momentum as our team doubles and our business expands into new markets to serve business travelers in the US and abroad.
- Ensure Elia’s calendar is effectively managed:
- Prioritize inbound requests and coordinate meetings with internal team members and external partners from customers to investors
- Proactively anticipate and solve schedule conflicts
- Communicate effectively with all parties in a professional and personal manner
- Review the weekly schedule in advance in order to research and coordinate prep materials so that Elia is ready and informed for every meeting
- Take the lead on email inbox prioritization
- Triage inbound messages and surface the urgent and important items for timely responses
- Track outstanding messages ensure follow ups are complete
- Draft messages for review
- Demonstrate independence, good judgment and effective problem-solving skills when making decisions, taking action or working with others
- Confidently and discretely work with confidential and high-priority information
- Coordinate leadership team and company events including board and all-hands meetings and offsites
- Collaborate cross-functionally to gather team updates and pull together presentation materials
- Compensation: The base salary for this role ranges from $75,000 - $100,000 based on prior experience
- 5+ years of experience in similar or related roles supporting C-Suite leaders
- Must be located or have active plans to move to Denver, CO.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- A willingness to be hands-on with any and every task that comes your way while handling interruptions, changes or issues with empathy and diplomatic communication
- Exceptional organizational skills, flexibility, multitasking abilities, and a high level of attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working quickly, and efficiently to prioritize, schedule and follow up on important items
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with tools like Microsoft Teams & Office365 products
Hotel Engine Total Rewards Philosophy | We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. Hotel Engine is on Built in Colorado’s 2021 Best Places to Work list and provides each employee with the opportunity to take on new challenges that support their near and long-term goals in a high-growth, startup environment. We also give back and have comprehensive corporate social responsibility programs supporting community, social justice and environmental causes. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer benefits including:
- Competitive base salaries. Salary offers will be based on the candidate's qualifications.
- Performance-driven commission opportunities for select roles
- Performance-driven equity awards
- Parental leave programs
- Generous time-off including open PTO, sick days and two paid volunteer days each year
- Insurance benefits including medical coverage (with a plan available at no cost to employees), dental and vision offerings, as well as FSA, wellness, and disability offerings
- 401(k) plan with a match program