SoFi Stadium is an unprecedented and unparalleled sports and entertainment destination built in Inglewood, CA. The first indoor-outdoor stadium to be constructed, SoFi Stadium is the home of the Los Angeles Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams. The state-of-the-art stadium re-imagines the fan experience and will host a variety of events year round including Super Bowl LVI in 2022, the College Football Championship Game in 2023, and the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the Olympic Games in 2028. Located on the site of the former Hollywood Park racetrack, the stadium is the centerpiece of a 298-acre mixed-use development featuring retail, commercial office space, a hotel, residential units, and outdoor park spaces.
Our PURPOSE is Creating Extraordinary Experiences, one moment at a time.
The Grounds Crew position is a part-time position with responsibility to maintain the stadium’s artificial playing surface, including all preparation for the various sporting and entertainment events. This position will assist to install, deploy, and remove the field turf protection system (Matrax). This position will assist in executing all field activities, maintenance, and cleaning/disinfection of the artificial surface. This position will assist with lining, marking, striping, and painting of the competition field for play at the direction of the stadium’s full-time staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of athletic field maintenance workload designed to maintain condition and appearance of athletic turf surface in world class condition.
- Prepares artificial turf surface for competition and events including lining, marking, striping, and painting of the playing surface for event needs. Includes painting multiple colors and designs within the scope of work.
- Assist with routine and preventative maintenance on artificial turf surface, as directed by stadium full-time grounds staff.
- Install, adjust, and remove turf protection as it relates to the playing surface.
- Completion of other duties as assigned or required.
- High School diploma or equivalency; coursework or certification in sports turf or turf grass science preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of related work experience preferably in sport field maintenance and upkeep and/or artificial turf maintenance.
- Strong work ethic with an emphasis in working in a team environment.
- Good verbal communication skills; ability to convey communications in a clear and precise manner.
- Valid driver’s license and driving record in good standing.
- Flexible schedule; Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs., walk, stand, bend, stoop for prolonged periods of time.