Higharc is a VC-backed startup that is changing how new homes are designed and built. Join a founding team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple.
We are hiring our first finance leader — a VP of Finance — to join our executive leadership team as we bring our web-based homebuilding platform to more builders and buyers. The VP of Finance will work on our highest-priority business issues and will build/own financial planning, accounting, strategic finance, and reporting.
Reporting to the CEO, you'll be part of the executive team and will play a central role in growing the business alongside the CEO and VP of Sales. You’ll develop comprehensive models and operational plans for new products and applications of Higharc’s technology in the residential construction market. You will drive key growth initiatives cross functionally, assist with fundraising, and manage our financial modeling/revenue planning.
Higharc is scaling the number of homes that are built with its platform in the next year. Your job will be to understand the levers for revenue and growth and to apply financial analysis, market research, and creativity to accelerate our business. You’ll join a team who’ve shipped products for Autodesk, Electronic Arts, Nike, and Apple and who are backed by investors and advisors including Spark Capital, Lux Capital, Founder Collective, the CPO of Adobe, founders of EInk, Carbon, Desktop Metal, Plangrid, and Built.
What You'll Do:
- Lead all financial planning, forecasting, accounting, and reporting within the company and to the Board
- Develop and monitor critical success metrics, and communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders
- Assist with pricing model, product packaging, and business partnerships
- Assist with capital planning efforts, corporate finance, and investor relations
- Lead our strategic and financial planning processes, and own the underlying financial forecast models, systems, and tools
What We're Looking For:
- A highly entrepreneurial mindset and passion for making homebuilding better with technology
- Experience identifying and building strategic initiatives from strategy through execution at an early stage through growth stage business
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Excellent presentation and writing skills and the ability to clearly communicate messages that link business issues, financial results, and strategy at the executive level
- Background in management consulting, venture capital, or private equity preferred
- Remote role (Charlotte/Raleigh NC, NYC, Boston, Austin, or SF preferred)
Higharc has been remote-first since our founding in 2018. We offer flexible hours so that you do your best work without missing out on life. Higharc offers competitive salaries with significant equity in a fast-growing, well-funded company. Personal healthiness is an important value for us - we provide comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage with unlimited PTO, and meaningful maternity/paternity leave. You'll also have access to other big-company benefits like short and long-term disability plans and a 401k. Haven't worked remotely before? We provide a stipend to help you create the ideal home-office.