Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 300,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Head of Revenue is a senior leadership role responsible for driving and maximizing revenue growth for Gusto Embedded. This strategic position plays a critical role in the overall success of the organization, overseeing the Sales, Marketing, and Partner Growth teams to ensure they work collaboratively and effectively to achieve revenue and end customer growth targets. You’ll be directly empowered by our GM of Gusto Embedded Payroll.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- End to end revenue ownership: Set strategy & build the operating mechanism across pre and post-sales business teams (Marketing, Sales, Partner Growth) to align with the business goals and objectives.
- Marketing Strategy: Build awareness and pipeline strategy for the Embedded category that drive demand, generate leads, and support sales efforts. Stay informed about market trends, competitive landscape, and customer needs to identify new revenue opportunities and potential risks.
- Sales Leadership: Lead and empower the Embedded enterprise SaaS sales team, providing strategic direction, setting targets, and monitoring performance to meet or exceed sales quotas
- Growth & Adoption: Drive success for our partners and their end customers through adoption and utilization of Gusto’s embedded products. Help our partners learn to sell and market Gusto-powered solutions.
- Partner Management: Foster strong relationships with key partners to enhance revenue growth and customer satisfaction.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work internally with Gusto stakeholders to unlock growth needs across cross-functional teams. Create and expand a successful feedback loop between our partners, their end users, and Gusto’s internal product, marketing, engineering, and operations teams.
- Pricing and Revenue Management: Implement effective pricing strategies, revenue optimization techniques, and data-driven decision-making to maximize revenue.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10-15+ years of experience; 7+ years in a client- or partner-facing role
- Hands-on experience at enterprise SaaS companies owning and growing a partner-oriented business with adoption-driven revenue goals
- Experience leading both pre-sales and partner management teams
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue targets
- Strong partnerships acumen: you understand the partner lifecycle and investments required to enable partner success
- Excited by the combination of working deeply with individual partners and building for scale (have worked at both startups and larger companies)
- Strong sense of ownership and resilience; exceptional communicator (both written and verbal)
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $225,000 - $278,000 OTE in Denver & most remote locations, and $263,000 - $325,000 OTE for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Gusto has physical office spaces in Denver, San Francisco, and New York City. Employees who are based in those locations will be expected to work from the office on designated days approximately 2-3 days per week (or more depending on role). The same office expectations apply to all Symmetry roles, Gusto's subsidiary, whose physical office is in Scottsdale.
Note: The San Francisco office expectations encompass both the San Francisco and San Jose metro areas.
When approved to work from a location other than a Gusto office, a secure, reliable, and consistent internet connection is required.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you require assistance in filling out a Gusto job application, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.