Gusto is looking for a hands-on engineering leader to lead our consumer focused “Wallet Experience” team that is building Gusto Wallet. The Wallet Experience team sits at the crossroads of an employee's work and their financial life, providing tools that help them get paid, and a platform to manage their money. This leader is responsible for both the core native (iOS & Android) as well as web experiences for Gusto Wallet.
Part of the broader Members organization (consumer business unit), this team is at the cutting edge of developing tools that help our Members thrive in their work, life and financial journeys. You’ll lead a team of engineers and work closely with product management, design, and data science teams to own and drive the team’s vision, strategy and execution. This team will work directly with our Members segment leadership.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Hire, lead, and grow a world class engineering team to build out our consumer mobile platform that provides a delightful experience to our Members, with a focus on efficiently getting the job done
- Work cross functionally with design, data science and product management to own the team’s vision, strategy and execution
- Work with cross-functional partners across different business units to deliver an end to end product experience
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years software engineering experience with 3+ years of Android/iOS software engineering experience
- 3+ years as an engineering leader, coaching and mentoring high performing teams
- Experience in a tech lead role leading a team executing large scale initiatives/projects over multiple quarters.
- Experience building and scaling early versions of apps
- Self-driven mindset, and the ability to work on green field projects
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $170,000- $215,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $200,000- $250,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.