Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually.
Gusto is building a sales leadership team of innovators and goal smashers who come to learn and to serve our customers and our Gusto employees. We are pioneering an entirely different approach to selling. One where we nurture raving fans of small and medium business owners and the accountants who advise them. We do this by helping these customers solve complex people challenges with Gusto solutions. Our leaders are passionate about building the playbook and leaving a legacy and driving - always - for learning, iterating, and scaling with science, art and heart. They are thinking months / quarters/ years ahead, not just hitting monthly targets.
Our sales leaders are true empowerers of representative and inclusive teams - they will bring together teams that represent the diversity of customers we serve and help those individuals develop, grow, and pioneer a new sales model. They are in it for others and they have fans of previous team members saying - “I am better b/c I was empowered by this leader.”
Here's what you'll do
We’re looking for an exceptional hands-on sales leader that is ready to take on the challenge of building Gusto. In this role, you will lead a team of Inbound Sales and Onboarding Managers who are empowering individual contributors to acquire small businesses onto the Gusto People Platform. In this role, you will.
- Drive the Business:
- You will drive fast short-term growth, while also building a scalable acquisition engine for long-term
- Grow the number of small business subscribers using the Gusto people platform and meeting monthly revenue goals with the customer needs at the forefront
- Set and achieve ambitious goals by focusing on process improvements that will shorten sales cycles and make them more efficient—not just higher volume (and when you hit your ambitious goals - you aim higher)
- Accurately forecast pipelines and define and develop scalable sales processes and procedures
- Align teams (product, marketing, etc.) to a unified strategy, roadmap and customer journey
- Provide input to product priorities and marketing campaigns
- Work with supporting teams (data, workforce management, business ops, recruiting, etc) to build infrastructure for a growing team and customer base
- Build a Representative and Inclusive Team
- Hire, develop and manage a growing, high-performing sales and onboarding team with an exceptional team culture defined by high standards, deep care, and psychological safety
- Celebrate and encourage us to think creatively about how to reward progress, not perfection, and winning/growing/learning/getting better as a team.
- We’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
- Model awareness and Gusto Values
- Communicate for Impact
- At the pace we move, communication that is radically candid, clear and crisp in audiences of all sizes is imperative.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 8+ years overall experience with 5+ years leading sales teams
- Experience in leading Sales & Onboarding teams that power inbound phone queues, inbound chat and email
- High energy, high integrity Sales & Onboarding leader. Able to motivate, inspire and drive results
- Proven ability to build a pipeline and achieve revenue targets in a predictable way
- Track record of building high-performance team cultures
- Thought leader in building an optimal customer journey
- Strong relationship builder, skilled at leading and aligning large cross-functional teams to drive scale, including marketing and product
- Excellent at using data to solve problems and drive decision making
- Passion for achieving impact and results that is driven by an entrepreneurial mindset
- Operational excellence
- Strong social selling and persuasion skills with a strong sales process discipline in a subscription-based or SaaS business sales models
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $167,000 to $227,000 OTE in Denver and most remote locations (OTE = on target earnings which includes both base salary and variable commission) with a 60/40 split between base salary and variable commission. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.