Gusto is looking for a Head of Talent Ops to join us and help build our Talent organization to and through our next phase of growth!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
Recruiting is a core driver of leverage for Gusto in accomplishing our mission to create a world where work empowers a better life. The recruiting team drives growth and culture by hiring representative individuals with additive skill sets and perspectives. As a key member of the Recruiting Leadership Team, you will bring your deep experience and understanding of the recruiting lifecycle to ensure seamless, scaleable and world-class recruiting experiences.
In this role, you will drive operational efficiency through innovation and designing high quality recruiting processes. You are someone who enjoys digging into processes, seeing opportunities to simplify, and leading education and change across large audiences. You will lead recruiting operations for Gusto, inclusive of: strategy, enablement, coordination, systems and tools.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do
- Programs - optimize, develop and implement recruiting programs (referral, RISE programs, internal mobility, etc)
- Roadmap Ownership - build, implement and communicate our short and long term talent strategies
- Coordination - empower and further enable our RC leader through defining scalable processes that balance capacity with candidate experience
- Technology and Systems Management - evaluate our current tech stack and find opportunities to replace, augment and enhance existing tech stack
- Enablement - design and educate recruiting and hiring teams on best practices and find opportunities to improve the recruiting lifecycle
- Reporting - create transparent data structures and use it to drive decisions and create predictable recruiting outcomes
- Process Iteration - design, improve, and implement new processes with the Talent team and key stakeholders
Here’s what we’re looking for
- In-depth experience with Recruiting tools and systems (Greenhouse, Gem, Ashby, and more)
- Proven ability to manage a geographically distributed team through day-to-day operations and continuous improvement
- Strong project and roadmap management skills - you’re able to build towards top line goals and consider tradeoffs along the way
- Ability to influence - you’ll work across multiple stakeholders and need to communicate in a way that resonates with each audience
- Systems thinking - excited about both incremental improvements and big-thinking overhaul projects
- Experience working through ambiguity and defining new opportunities for team improvement and efficiencies
- Experience defining metrics and reporting on blockers and progress to individual and team targets
- Strong verbal and written communicator
Nice to Haves:
- Experience working with Greenhouse ATS
- Have led Talent Brand and/or Early Career programs
Our cash compensation range for this role is $134,000 - $218,000 per year in Denver & most remote locations, and $158,000 - $257,000 per year in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. Gusto is a people platform for businesses who care about their people. Our products and services help small and medium business owners onboard, pay, insure, and engage their teams, in one integrated, easy-to-use platform loved by over 200,000 modern employers. Gusto makes taking care of teams a joyful experience, while helping owners manage their bottom line and stay compliant. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Generation Investment Management, T. Rowe Price, and Fidelity.
Gusto has built the first modern, all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll, Benefits, HR and Employee Onboarding under one roof. We provide a full-service solution including software, expert support, and a variety of business services under one room, designed around our customers. Gusto is growing faster than any other company in its space. In 10 years, we’ve grown to nearly 4% of all businesses in the US.