Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy. What it is like to Work with Gusto.
About the Role
The Head of Health Insurance Advising role will be responsible for delivering guided, expert advice to our health insurance customers. This includes advising customers through their annual health insurance renewal and other key moments throughout the year to drive both adoption and retention.
The ideal candidate for this role is strategic and operationally minded. You will lead the strategic direction for how we drive exceptional customer outcomes for our benefits customers, while also ensuring operational excellence to deliver this expertise at scale.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead CX strategic direction for Gusto’s benefits customers during their annual health insurance renewal - and implementing systems to ensure operational excellence and in turn exceptional customer outcomes.
- Build out a data-backed, proactive customer success capability to maximize adoption and retention of our benefits customers at key moments throughout the customer lifecycle
- Foster a culture of engagement and excitement to bring out customer driven results where Gusties feel empowered to put customers first, and develop their careers within the organization.
- Directly responsible for execution of quarterly and annual objectives
- Leader of change management in planning and facilitating organization-wide improvement to the customer experience.
- Solicit regular internal and external customer feedback to lead continuous improvements to the customer experience.
- Empower a team of managers, and individual contributors
- Work cross-functionally with other CX teams and shared services to deliver improvements to the Gustie and Customer experience.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of people management experience in CX and technology
- 3+ years leading other managers, setting strategic vision, and empowering high-performance teams
- Experience leading customer-facing teams
- BA/BS Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of delivering excellent customer outcomes
- Ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across multiple business units and functions
- Customer-first mentality and a first-principle-thinking approach to innovate in delivering world class customer experience
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis
- Experience with the US health insurance industry
- Background in a customer-facing role: Customer Experience, Customer Success, or Sales
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $156,000 to $197,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $184,000 to $228,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.