CX Learning Experience Designer
Denver, CO or Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto is seeking an innovative Customer Experience Learning Designer to join our growing Learning and Development team to focus on helping us to design and digitize internal content. The Learning and Development team is responsible for ensuring that our workforce has the knowledge and skills to be successful. The ideal candidate will be deadline driven, have a passion for creative problem solving and is eager to partner with stakeholders to deliver a quality product.
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Quickly synthesize and create online/digital content based on information from existing internal content, facilitators, subject matter experts, previous training courses, etc.
- Excitement and willingness to rapidly innovate collaboratively as a team
- Craft fun and engaging learning experiences
- Develop online/digital learning, handouts, videos and programs simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Conduct gap analysis and define objectives for online learning experiences
- Recommend and teach current team different applications or layouts that would improve user experience in current classes and trainings
- Dedicated to integrating multiple channels in a fresh and inventive way, including instructor-led, experiential, and online (self-paced and live)
- Design and develop innovative, comprehensive curriculums and certification programs, utilizing advanced design/development techniques and tools of adult learning theory
- Select the appropriate level of measurement for new programs and design measurement tools (e.g., certification process), and update content as needed.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4-10 years of instructional design experience
- Strong experience with conceptualization, design, and production of animation, graphics, web, and other tools
- Experience with Elucidat, vyond, imovie, adobe premiere, or photoshop a plus
- Collaborative style; ability to partner with team members and autonomously with minimal supervision or direction
- Proven track-record of building engaging online learning
- Expertise creating small video snippet courses; microlearning
- Bachelor’s degree or Masters in instructional design, graphic design, instructional technology, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years in a CX role. Understands the basics behind delivering world-class customer service
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $84,000 to $130,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $102,000 to $158,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.