Gusto is hiring an IT Support Engineer to join our team and provide world-class technology support for our employees across the country!
This role specifically supports our Symmetry Software subsidiary in Scottsdale, AZ.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As a member of our in person IT Support team in our Scottsdale office you’ll keep Gusto employees productive and secure by providing world class technology support.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Install, upgrade, and support all company desktops/laptops, printers, and other end-user tech in a mixed Windows/Apple environment)
- Provide remote IT support to all Gusto employees for a multitude of operational tasks e.g. password resets, access requests, application support. Requests can come in via Slack, Jira or email
- Provide in person IT support at in our Scottsdale location
- Troubleshoot network connectivity in a LAN/WAN environment, setup and configuration on end-user devices.
- Configure and troubleshoot AV and video conference technology e.g. Zoom, Chrome Signage, Envoy
- Configure and run AV for company all hands meetings
- Onboard and train new employees on IT applications and security practices
- Set up, track, and manage all assigned issues in Jira Service Desk
- Administer cloud services e.g. GSuite, Slack, Okta, Duo Security, Jira, Office365, and many more
- Maintain a fluid and well-organized inventory and storage system for all IT hardware
- Manage and troubleshoot our VOIP telephone system
- Ensure all client machines meet standards for security protocols
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Technology enthusiast who is always excited to learn about new apps, devices, and ways to do things better
- Passion for automation and desire to make processes and workflows highly efficient
- Outstanding people and communication skills
- Love to solve problems and get at the root of issues
- Upbeat and positive, motivated by making someone else’s day smoother
- Super detail oriented and highly organized. It bothers you when things are not lined up properly or documentation doesn’t exist
- Incredibly reliable and follow through on what you promise
- Proactively handle anticipated issues before they arise
- Desire to provide world class customer support
- 4-8 years of IT Support experience
- GSuite Administration experience
- AirWatch Experience
- Familiarity with AV for a company wide meeting
- Atlassian (JIRA/Confluence) experience
- Experience with documentation of repeatable processes
- You know the problem with UDP jokes
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted for our Scottsdale, AZ office: ($35.33/hr - $41.11/hr). Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.