Gusto is seeking a senior leader for our Customer Experience teams who is passionate about providing small business owners with the best customer experience in the world while improving workflows and creating efficiency gains in an ever-changing environment. This leader will be focused on delivering outstanding service to our payroll customers. You will lead an operational organization by empowering and enabling your direct managers to effectively drive their business areas forward.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Foster a culture of engagement and excitement to bring out customer driven results where Gusties feel empowered to put customers first, and develop their careers within the organization.
- Lead CX strategic direction for Gusto’s customers including identifying emerging technologies and implementing systems to ensure operational excellence and in turn exceptional customer outcomes.
- Directly responsible for execution of quarterly and annual objectives.
- Leader of change management in planning and facilitating organization-wide improvement to the customer experience.
- Scale the Customer Experience teams by increasing team efficiency and working cross-functionally with sales, product and engineering teams.
- Solicit regular internal and external customer feedback to lead continuous process improvements to the customer experience.
- Empower a team of managers and individual contributors
- Partner with cross-functional teams to address upcoming changes in tax and regulatory codes in order to provide exceptional customer experience
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 12+ years minimum of people management experience in CX and technology
- 8+ years leading other managers, setting strategic vision, and empowering high-performance teams
- 8+ years of experience in the payroll industry
- Proven track record of delivering extremely high level of satisfaction across a customer base while also taking pride in driving operational efficiencies
- Ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across multiple business units and functions
- Customer-first mentality and a first-principle-thinking approach to innovate in delivering world class customer onboarding experience
- Thrives in a faced-paced environment with constant change and a rapidly growing team; is able to make measured, objective, data-driven decisions on a daily basis
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $119,000 - $190,000 in Denver. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.