We’re looking for a Senior Growth Designer whose values align with our view of user-centric growth, and has the track record of driving stellar results for new customer acquisition.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
About the Role
On the Growth Team, we understand that approaching product growth without a genuine, human lens is nothing but short-sighted. Growth is more than acquiring new users, it's about deeply knowing the needs of your users and connecting them with the value that our product is created to provide. Honesty and transparency build trust, which deepens our customer’s affinity with Gusto and increases their lifetime value.
In an effort to better serve our many small business customers that make up our core Gusto business, we’re looking for a Senior Growth Designer to drive our funnel optimization efforts. This person will define and execute on our top-of-funnel acquisition strategy, which is paramount to both our company and customer success.
At Gusto, we believe that sustainable growth is achieved through connecting users with value while building and maintaining a high degree of trust. As growth designers at Gusto, our role is to drive business growth through a quality user experience. We have a bias toward action, but never at the customer’s expense. As a company, we truly believe our growth is generated by the flywheel powered with customer love, and as growth designers, we’re proud stewards of this people-first strategy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Optimize our core business acquisition funnel for new users, from the top-of-funnel (gusto.com) through onboarding, setup, and running first payroll
- Deeply understand the various customers that are coming to Gusto and design personalized user journeys tailored to their needs
- Translate quantitative data and qualitative insights into hypotheses and informed design decisions
- Define and execute A/B tests and multivariate experiment designs as part of a wide range of strategic tactics for getting people more engaged with our products across customer journeys
- Lean into service design techniques to work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, marketing, customer success, and sales to develop priorities and drive toward key KPIs
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in design
- Experience working on acquisition funnels, designing for multiple personas and varying user needs
- Demonstrated expertise in hypothesis-driven design and A/B testing
- Skilled at demonstrating thinking across end-to-end across user journeys
- Strong expertise across business strategy, product thinking, interaction, visual design, and customer empathy
- Strong analytical skills, data-informed thinking, and focus on the business impact of the designs you ship
- A pro at using quantitative and qualitative methods to develop a deep understanding of target audiences and user behavior
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and advocator
- Service design experience and/or understanding of how use service design techniques to maximize cross-functional customer and business impact
- Ability to work at different altitudes; strategic visualizations in support of long-term design goals to detailed user flows and design specs
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $127,000/yr - $170,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $150,000/yr - $203,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.