Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
As the Head of Web Marketing for Gusto, you’ll be responsible for defining the customer experiences on www.gusto.com that help visitors understand who Gusto is, its range of products, and how Gusto can help them be successful. You’ll collaborate with and manage feedback from key stakeholders within Marketing and across the company to create an industry-leading SaaS website, and communicate these plans and risks broadly throughout the organization.
You’ll empower a team of marketers and partner with our engineering, product, design, and data teams to create (via validate and optimize these experiences and ensure their effectiveness to the different types of visitors to Gusto.com.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Drive the business - Define and articulate the vision and strategy for Gusto web properties to expand the top of the funnel and increase share of voice and consideration amongst our target segments
- Collaborative partnership - Work closely with teammates across Engineering, Product, Design, Sales, Revenue Operations, and Data Science to identify, prioritize, and execute initiatives that turn that strategy into reality
- Build the team - Empower and coach a web marketing team to become best-in-class across content creation to support the buyer’s journey, website optimization via continuous testing, and SEO.
- Communication - Work with internal teams across the organization to understand business requirements and create solutions based on priority and need. Communicate prioritization and the why’s to ensure stakeholder alignment and commitment.
- Growth - Foster a philosophy of continuous improvement, tracking, measurement, and business impact throughout the team
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience; 3+ years experience in developing and running web strategy with responsibility for hitting a quantitative metric (leads, sales, revenue). Experience within the B2B SaaS preferred.
- Experience in building, coaching, and managing high performance teams.
- Experienced in working through details with PMs, engineers, designers, marketers and copywriters on a daily basis
- Extensive experience in using website technologies and tools, including personalization, A/B testing platforms, analytics, ABM, CMS, and online chat
- Strong working knowledge of current website marketing techniques, UX, Information Architecture (IA), and SEO
- Demonstrated ability to build optimal user experiences that understand where prospects are in their buying journey, and delightfully guides them along their journey (including research, and sign-up) to a successful purchase.
- Strong bias towards creating and executing rapid experimentation across multiple surface areas to validate hypotheses, and produce quantitatively better experiments that propel the business forward.
- Previous experience working within a product development framework and cycle is a plus.
At Gusto, we strive to provide rewards that empower employees to achieve their financial and personal goals. We offer competitive compensation packages with a strong emphasis on equity based compensation (ownership in Gusto). To learn more about Gusto’s compensation philosophy and benefits offerings please view our Total Rewards Approach page.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $128,000-158,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $150,000-185,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.