Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. Gusto provides full-service payroll, benefits, and HR tools to over 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards Philosophy. Gusto has offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York.
The Growth team at Gusto is looking for a Growth Product Manager Lead to drive our new customer experience product vision, strategy, and roadmap. This role is critical to accelerating our customer base growth and ensuring new customers get the most value from Gusto from day one. You’ll be joining an established team with seasoned growth leaders in engineering, product, design, data science, marketing, and sales.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Be the domain expert for our end-to-end new customer experience. Define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
- Work closely with cross-functional leadership from marketing, sales, success, and finance to deliver against key shared business goals.
- Seamlessly move between diving into the details––analyzing data, building models, getting into technical and design nuances––to strategy planning and presenting your work to senior leadership.
- Drive the product strategy, features, and experiments with a dedicated team of engineers, designers, and data scientists.
- Rapidly execute and iterate with an emphasis on user delight, impact, and learning. Regularly take risks and make calculated tradeoffs.
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Data and hypothesis driven, business-minded. You know how to expertly leverage qualitative and quantitative data to develop and execute experiments and A/B tests that are optimized for learning. You can measure the business impact of your work and tie it back to company goals.
- Customer obsessed. You’re passionate about not only hitting business goals, but intimately knowing our customers and creating the best experiences to meet their needs. You know that the key to business growth is through happy customers.
- Collaborative execution. You’re a great listener, and naturally bring the team and stakeholders along, yet you don’t hesitate to make hard decisions when needed. You push the pace, and people feel like they do their best work with you.
- Objective learning. You get more excited when you’re wrong than when you’re right. You optimize for learning, and love peeling back the layers. Your favorite questions are “why” and “why not.”
- Systems thinking. You enjoy complex challenges and navigate them deftly. You have a wealth of frameworks and mental models that you rely on to unpack problems and arrive at elegant solutions.
- You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
- Passion. You love the problems Gusto’s solving for business owners and their employees, and you’re excited to continuously solve them better and better.
- 5+ years of product management experience driving product adoption and business growth. 7+ years work experience. Bonus points for SaaS Growth experience and if you have previously managed people.
Our cash compensation range for this role is $139,000/yr to $188,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, and $169,000/yr to $221,000/yr in San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.