Developer Experience at Gusto is a small but growing engineering team that empowers the 200+ product engineers at Gusto. Gusto product engineers move tens of billions of our customers’ dollars every year and the Developer Experience team helps them work efficiently, securely, and enjoyably.
Developer Experience is within our Foundation Engineering organization. This is the first Product Manager role in our org, you will have the opportunity to further unlock the potential of a team that is already having tremendous impact, delight hundreds of internal customers, and align our efforts with the broader organization.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
About this Role
This role is an internal Technical Product Manager to support the Developer Experience team. The ideal candidate will be able to understand the needs of Gusto Product Engineers, own the technical products and services of the Developer Experience engineering team, and build a stream of user stories, epics, and milestones that result in a scalable engineering organization. The Developer Experience team is engaged at all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle, we build tools to increase efficiency during feature development, ensure our continuous integration and continuous deployment process is efficient and delivers fast feedback, and provide observability tools to help engineers understand behavior of software in production.
Here’s what you’ll do (and we’ll support you so you’re great at it):
- Be an owner of technical products and services that drive efficiency in our product engineering organization
- Collaborate with engineers on the Developer Experience team and product engineers to achieve our desired mutual outcomes
- Align our initiatives and goals with the broader organization to unlock growth opportunities
- Write user stories that incrementally deliver value and enable Developer Experience engineers to focus on execution
- Measure everything! Determine the correct quantitative metrics that demonstrate the effectiveness of our solutions and correlate them with qualitative feedback from our product engineering customers.
You'll know you're a good fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of technical product management
- A proven track record of building technical products that delight software engineers
- Analytical thinker that can measure the impact we are driving for our Product Engineering organization
- Organized and process oriented
- Able to engage at high level vision and strategy, but also down to user stories that deliver value incrementally
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture and Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $97,000-$205,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $122,000-$240,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.