Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
At Gusto, the People team is the foundation of everything we do. We believe that attracting, hiring, developing, and retaining talent is core to our success. As a non-technical Recruiter on either Foundation (HR/People, Accounting/Finance, Legal/Compliance and Executive Operations) or Business (Sales, Marketing, Customer Service, Corporate Development), you’ll flex to own a range of searches and be a true business partner to our hiring managers, heavily impact Gusto’s hiring strategy, and hire world-class talent.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Manage full-cycle recruitment process for Foundation and Business teams at Gusto
- Partner with hiring teams to understand their organizational objectives and drive a customized hiring plan to achieve those goals
- Create unique strategies to identify, attract, engage and close the best talent from branding and events to sourcing and referrals
- Manage candidates in process to provide them with the most delightful candidate experience
- Mentor fellow members of the recruitment team on best practices
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Compensation, HR Business Partners, and Executive Operations
- Build processes that will help the recruitment team scale its efforts for years to come
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Gusto by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 5+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience ideally with 2+ years within a high-growth tech environment
- Both agency and in-house experience a big plus
- Experience coaching hiring managers, guiding them through the whole recruiting process
- Proven experience sourcing and closing profiles ranging from mid to senior Leadership positions
- Drive to find and connect with the best talent
- Experience building representative candidate pipelines and helping hiring managers create inclusive teams
- Familiarity with funnel metrics - you can use your data to understand and predict candidates needed to achieve hiring targets
- Ability to qualify a candidate and understand what each candidate brings to the table, as well as connect that candidate with the right opportunity at Gusto
- At your best in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $78,000-$130,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $94,000-$150,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.