Gusto is looking for a Senior Program Manager who will play a crucial role in the success of both the Shared Experiences team (a brand new team at Gusto) and the Design Systems team.
The new Shared Experiences team will focus on building an enhanced customer dashboard experience, creation and rollout of a comprehensive customer communications platform, information architecture improvements and more, with the goal of helping our customers realize the value of the product in an intuitive way.
The Design Systems team is responsible for scaling our Design System through the creation and standardization of new components and templates that our Design and Engineering teams rely on to build new product experiences.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto has offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York, and serves more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto’s Program Managers help set, drive, and execute on strategic & operational priorities across, or embedded within, our EPD teams. They drive activities such as planning, operating cadence, special projects, and cross-functional collaboration. As the first Program Manager to work with Shared Experiences and Design Systems, you will deliver strategy, operationalize new initiatives, and build scalable processes for our customers and internal teams, in partnership with our EPD leadership team.
Gusto is first and foremost customer-driven. We take pride in making informed decisions based on customer research and data while balancing short and long term technical decisions. If you are a strategic customer advocate who enjoys complex problems and improving customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Partnering with the Design and Engineering leads on the Shared Experiences team, lean into your product strategy and project management chops to create and manage the first product plans and roadmap for this new team.
- Build and implement scalable processes to help our Design Systems and Shared Experiences teams with all aspects of product development and rollout, including requirement gathering, stakeholder feedback, milestone management, and coordination of launch communications and dependencies.
- Use data to regularly provide business and product insights and recommendations on project plans and priorities.
- Ensure both teams are on track, getting your hands dirty to troubleshoot any challenges that may arise.
- Use your top-notch verbal and written communication skills to ensure all team members, stakeholders, and executive leaders alike have the appropriate level of project detail, and understand the impact being generated by the Shared Experiences and Design Systems teams.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in a program and/or project management role
- Executive written and verbal communication, with the ability to influence both senior leaders and direct team members
- Someone who thrives in fast-paced, get-stuff-done environments, can easily juggle multiple priorities and projects, and is a master at navigating ambiguity
- A strong product sense and a desire to stretch into product strategy
- Passionate about the end customer and the user experience
- Strong and empathetic business partner, with ability to connect and work closely with cross-functional teams
- Detail-orientated and organized, with the ability to also see the forest through the trees
- Excellent time management skills
- Balancing short term improvements with long term projects
- Experience working with data and analytics
- Strong track record of helping to build successful customer-facing products
- Prior product management a plus
- Agile/Scrum certification and/or experience a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.