Our Business Insights & Operations team delivers strategy, operations, and technology to wow customers in each and every interaction.
As a Summer Associate of our Biz Insights & Operations team, you will have the opportunity to partner with business leaders across our Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, and Biz Dev/Partnerships teams to set the right goals and achieve them. We are seeking and training future General Managers / COOs who can make impact from day one.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
You will solve our hardest business problems -- from diagnosing issues, surfacing data, to devising recommendations, to executing to get results. You will work with our front-line team members and cross-functional partners in Engineering, Product, Design, Finance, Data Science and more to better understand friction points in our business, solve them, and build for scale.
Past Summer Associates have helped define our Marketing strategy, improved our growth acquisition and campaign efforts, managed the biggest product launch of our year, and supported our business technology strategy/architecture. In each, we have tailored the summer work to our business needs, what you are great at, and what you are interested in.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Serve as strategic & analytical horsepower for for “Biz”, which consists of Marketing, Sales, Customer Experience, and Biz Dev/Partnerships team
- Hypothesis-driven problem solving to drive our business
- Develop and manage project plans for company-wide initiatives
- Provide business insights and recommendations based on data that will drive our strategy
- Build and implement scalable processes
- Get your hands dirty and troubleshoot issues that arise
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Current student pursuing an MBA, expecting to graduate Spring 2022
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in operating roles at growing startups, biz ops roles, and/or consulting with structured business problem-solving training
- Grit, hustle, and fire for making things right ⇒ no one will outwork you
- Fast learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done
- Executive presence and ability to partner with cross-functional stakeholders
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with intense attention to detail
- Deep empathy and obsession for our small business customers
- Demonstrated passion for helping others
In your cover letter, please include
- A paragraph on why you are interested in this position
- A paragraph on something you do "with Gusto"
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $46.16-$51.93/hr in most locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amount listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.