Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll every month for small businesses and their employees. Our clients trust us with a huge amount of personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI), including SSNs, EINs, salaries, home addresses, and more. Our business is largely built on trust, as a result protecting our clients’ PII and PHI is one of the top considerations in anything we do at Gusto.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build, Deploy, and Perfect! Implement and fine-tune our security tools towards capability determined goals of advancing our detection and response capabilities.
- Detect and fix the Bad Stuff! Take the lead on threat hunting, deriving and deploying detections, IOC analysis, and incident response, always thinking about attack vectors in which PII and PHI can be compromised.
- Positive Company Influence! Work across the organization to affect positive security change as an active collaborator, contributor, and communicator.
- Automate everything! Build and deploy automation to cover our core capabilities to provide efficiency and reproducibility in results for the entire team.
- Engage & Educate! Assist employees with security questions, and engage with employees as a member of our helpdesk rotation
- Experiment, Expand, and Extract! Turn ideas into reality securing Gusto for its customers and employees. We support open source, and can release our good ideas to show how we protect our customers and to assist teams in other companies.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 8+ years in security analysis and engineering roles, focused on creating detections and data analysis.
- Experience with incident response, either in-house or through an outsourced service provider. Have been involved in multiple large scale incident response processes as an incident manager or other significant contributor.
- Ability to partner closely with cross-functional internal (and possibly external) stakeholders to manage incidents and create positive change for the organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AWS and other cloud technologies as well as on-premise systems and data centers, including networks and systems (Linux and Windows).
- 2+ years of experience with infrastructure as code and standard build process, terraform and buildkite preferred.
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $154,000-$180,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $196,000-$225,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.