Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
At Gusto, we serve small businesses by giving them peace of mind and helping them build great workplaces to attract and retain the best talent. Our Mobile Engineering team is focused on building unique experiences for the employees of our small business customers.
We’re looking for talented and motivated mobile engineers with 4+ years of experience to maintain our mobile infrastructure. Our mobile infrastructure engineers help keep development running smoothly for product engineers by creating and maintaining internal tools and services, managing continuous integration pipelines, owning shared services, and managing the mobile app release process. If you’re interested in building a strong mobile foundation for the long term, join us!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Continued investment in API Tooling and ensuring backwards compatibility for a growing mobile user base
- Collaborate with various engineering teams to understand development pain points and deliver solutions
- Design, architect, and implement shared services that are using by both the Android and iOS platforms
- Develop automated testing frameworks to speed up development and protect against regressions
Here’s what we're looking for:
- At least 4 years of experience in software design and development
- Familiarity with mobile infrastructure such as automated test environments, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience in Swift and/or Kotlin
- Strong communication and cross-functional partnership skills
- Self-driven mindset, and the ability to work on green field projects
- Ability to deliver high-quality code across a diverse tech stack
- Strong critical thinking skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, and mentor others
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $142,000-$163,000/year in Denver & most remote locations, and $178,000-$205,000/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.