As an all-in-one provider of payroll, benefits, and HR, we want to make it easy for any business to be an amazing workplace. As a design team, we craft simple, delightful product experiences that help over 100,000 small businesses make this a reality.
As a S Product Designer, you'll take ownership of a large area of the Gusto Benefits product. You’ll be involved in the entire product development process from strategic planning and visioning, to end-to-end thinking, to creating intuitive designs and launching meaningful experiences.
Gusto is first and foremost customer-driven. We take pride in making informed decisions based on customer research and data while balancing short and long term technical decisions. If you are a strategic customer advocate who enjoys complex problems and improving customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Make the vision for your product area come to life through strategic thinking and compelling storytelling
- Identify, deeply understand, and solve complex problems to address key customer needs
- Partner with PMs, engineers, and copywriters across the company to oversee user experience for products and features from conception to launch
- Advocate for our customers and use research to inform design solutions
- Be a partner in contributing to high-level strategic decisions with team leaders
- Provide and seek feedback from other designers to always push the bar for quality
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Strategic thinker who has experience working across the entire customer journey
- Strong communicator, collaborator, and advocator
- Experience designing and shipping complex products founded in data and customer insights
- Extensive generative and evaluative research experience
- Strong design craft; the desire and ability to mentor other designers and elevate design at Gusto
- Ability to work at different altitudes; strategic visualizations to detailed user flows and design specs
- Experience balancing long-term design goals with an Agile-based iterative approach
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
- Service and/or growth design mindsets a plus
- Systems thinker and an eye for process improvement a plus
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.