Gusto is looking for an expert in paid search marketing to join our Acquisition Team!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
As the Paid Search Marketing Manager you will be the go-to expert on paid search (e.g. Google, Bing). You will also build fast-growing marketing programs, focusing on B2B and SaaS. You’ll work closely with our paid acquisition, marketing analytics, product marketing, and creative teams to plan, buy, and optimize targeted media campaigns, delivering on direct response goals. You’ll scale our programs with multi-million dollar budgets amongst an ambitious and growing team, owning both the strategy and execution. You’ll help us devise cross-channel campaigns and help drive advancement in our analytic capabilities. If you have experience with paid search and want to bring that to dramatically scale a disruptive company, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Bring your successful experience growing businesses through advertising and innovative thinking together to create break-out successes
- Scale and optimize best-in-class paid search campaigns to drive customer acquisition across brand and non-brand keywords
- Devise, deploy, and optimize other paid media programs, such as affiliate partnerships or direct mail, to drive customer acquisition
- Drive reporting on effectiveness of campaigns, creatives, and the acquisition portfolio
- Direct vendors with content creation, testing strategies, payout offers, and bonus incentives
- Develop forecasts and budgets for paid search and other media channels, driving and executing spend optimization decisions rapidly
- Partner closely with internal teams, including data analytics and growth engineering
Here’s what we're looking for:
- 3+ years experience with paid search, including hands-on experience buying and optimizing, ideally with a focus on B2B or SaaS
- Experience in optimizing in-house direct response marketing programs, such as affiliate marketing or direct mail marketing, while driving efficiency and meeting ROI targets
- Strong working knowledge of Google and Bing platforms
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, including advanced functions
- Experience with small business marketing, subscription products, SaaS, or financial services
- Strong knowledge of the media industry and landscape
- Versatile and comfortable juggling multiple projects with several moving parts
- Passionate about Gusto’s mission and the impact we can have on the world
- Experience with tag management (Google Tag Manager, Tealium)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.