We are looking to add to our team an experienced, energetic and creative Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our Chief Operating Officer, Lexi Reese. Lexi empowers our marketing, sales, customer experience, business technology, and insights & operations teams across San Francisco and Denver.
The executive operations team at Gusto is the heart of our company’s business operations and activities and the soul that keeps our organization moving forward. They anticipate the needs of their leaders and help them stay focused on vital priorities by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. They move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest Gusto products and services and have a deep passion for the small business customer we serve. They also use that knowledge to strategically support their team's projects. In addition to being organized and analytical, they possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
Administrative jobs at Gusto are staffed by organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish our mission of creating a world where work empowers a better life, starting right here in our own company. Working behind the scenes, the team makes a significant impact on the people they support as well as on Gusto teammates and members around the country. The team is adept at leading and managing a variety of simultaneous projects, which requires the particular talent of being able to communicate effectively with all individuals in the organization.
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- In close coordination with the full executive operations team and the biz insights & operations team, provide critical support including management of the COO’s:
- Calendar: Be the mastermind in control of an intense calendar and travel plans, securing all ground and air travel, booking hotels, drafting daily itineraries, and other additional travel tasks as needed
- Meetings: Contribute to Gusto leadership meetings and offsites by assisting with the production of materials and pre-reads, taking notes, and tracking action items
- Communications: triage inboxes and help prioritize responses, ensuring fast response time to customers, employees, investors, and other key stakeholders
- Budget and expense management as needed
- Commitments: Partner with COO to track key project milestones as well as progress against personal, team, and company goals/targets
- Innovation: Establish new, and improve existing, administrative systems and processes
- Events: Event planning, including assisting with small and large department celebrations, team off-sites, internal events, meetings, after hours events
- Maintain and facilitate partnerships with other Executive Operations members and teams
- Be a cultural ambassador and liaison for COO, maintaining a strong pulse on life and relationships inside and outside of Gusto
- Help us scale growth, service, and the Gusto community as effectively and efficiently as possible, in a way we are proud of where everyone feels safe, welcome, and valued
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of C-level administrative business experience
- Possess a great deal of common sense, independent initiative, flexibility, and problem-solving skills: Savvy problem solving with the ability to see the big picture and “find a way”
- Consummate professional: Maintains a high level of tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Positive attitude and team player who stays calm under pressure, especially when faced with changing responsibilities and competing priorities
- Outstanding organizational skills: Incredibly organized and detail-oriented, able to prioritize multiple assignments, strong scheduling and travel coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills: ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc)
- Belief that no contribution to the team is too big or too small: we are here to serve our customers and build the best company we can so we all do whatever that takes
- Willingness to go the extra mile: Independent thinker who thrives on problem solving. In overwhelming situations, this person knows how to prioritize, delegate, then proactively follow up
- Project Management Experience: Ability to serve as a project lead from conception to completion
- Bonus: Knowledge of process, project, and program management theory and practices
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.