Gusto is looking for an experienced product leader to head our Pay & Time product management team. Pay & Time is Gusto’s largest PM team and is responsible for our industry-leading payroll and time tracking products for small businesses. These products are loved by over 100,000 small businesses across the US, and we’re just getting started. We have ambitious plans to scale to millions of businesses while expanding the value that we bring to them, and we’re seeking a visionary product leader to drive initiatives that span multiple time horizons to get us there.
As part of Gusto’s PM leadership team, you’ll develop and execute the Pay & Time product roadmap with a nimble and talented team of PMs. You will have the freedom to run with a product idea and see it through to the end. You’ll build a team, a business and set of products that our customers will love and will set the bar for the industry. You will also partner with our Head of Product to evolve our strategy & product management as a team for Gusto as a whole.
If you are a builder of great products who thrives on making major business impact at a high-growth company, we would love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Lead Gusto’s Pay & Time product team: Recruit, hire, and empower a team of PMs & managers of PMs
- Develop the Pay & Time product roadmap for a cross-functional team of PMs, engineers, data scientists, designers, and operators
- Identify emerging emerging technologies and industry trends, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Articulate and design customer experiences that make our users (including internal customers) smile
- Understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Be an owner of products and businesses, end to end
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of hands-on product management experience, with 5+ years managing growing product teams and 2+ years managing managers
- Bring grit, a willingness to roll up your sleeves, and be a hands-on help to your team
- Have a proven track record of building products customers love in rapidly scaling companies
- Pay great attention to detail. Pixel perfect isn’t an ideal, it is a requirement
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate about our mission, and have deep empathy for our customers
- Bonus points if you have SaaS experience serving SMBs or experience in CX or operations
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life (what we believe). Gusto has built the first modern all-in-one people platform, bringing together Payroll, Benefits, and HR, under one roof. The company is currently processing several billion dollars in payroll, and serves over 100,000 businesses nationwide (which represents over 1 of all employers in America). Customers love the product (NPS of 75+) and spread the word on social media. The company has over 1,000 employees and is located in San Francisco & Denver.