We're looking for a talented product designer with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our Employee Lifecycle team in our brand new New York City office. As designers on Employee Lifecycle, we think about how we can help 100k+ small businesses succeed by making it easier to hire, welcome, and onboard new employees. We serve employers and employees alike, helping teams grow and thrive together. We care that employees have a great first day of work, that they feel welcome to their new team, and that they are set up with benefits and looking forward to their first payday.
Gusto is a customer-focused company, whose mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. Design is part of a cross-disciplinary group of researchers, writers, engineers, and product managers that help build our products. Together, we craft thoughtful experiences that have a profound and positive impact on small businesses and their employees.
As a product designer on the Employee Lifecycle team, you will be driving design concepts, creating UX flows and prototypes, conducting research, and defining final designs. You’ll be working directly with engineering and product management partners to execute on your designs. In this role, you will be the first designer in our growing New York office, helping build and guide the team. You'll also be part of a larger, extended design team and creative community in San Francisco and Denver.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Help small businesses succeed by designing approachable software that helps them hire, onboard, pay, and build a thriving team
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research, to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing product lines
- Work in our brand new New York office, collaborating closely with Engineering and Product Management to build and ship experiences that keep our customers constantly delighted
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
Here’s what we're looking for:
- Have 5+ years of experience in designing online software for a complex product
- An independent worker who’s organized and excited to advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Care deeply about users and solving real-world problems
- Are an excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- Excited to pioneer and grow this new design team in NYC
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, positive environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Have a humble and inspired spirit
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.