Gusto is looking for an experienced IT leader to head our Corporate IT Infrastructure teams. You will be empowering our client platform, core services, and networking teams. This role will have a heavy emphasis on creating delightful user experiences through the technology we provide to keep Gusties productive.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Build a high performing team through mentorship, training, and direct feedback
- Ensure that our services are robust, resilient, secure, and compliant
- Use data to find trends and drive continuous improvement through collaboration with your peers
- Develop a strong culture around IT infrastructure that emphasizes frictionless user experience, strong security, and engineering excellence
- Comfortable with ambiguous problem solving and encourage healthy debate within the team
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in a technical leadership role on an engineering or IT team
- Having lead operations-focused IT/Eng teams of 10 or more
- Demonstrated leadership ability in building teams, motivating high performers, and successfully delivering on business requirements
- Hands-on experience with IT infrastructure, software engineering, networking, and security
- Experience with DevOps engineering practices, particularly configuration management tools like Chef & Salt, and automation strategies for user, service, and device management
- Excellent writing and communication skills with the ability to target all business audiences
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism and is passionate about providing outstanding customer service.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.