Employee benefits are tricky. They’re even trickier for employers that have never offered group benefits to their people before, or for employers that don’t have the time to stay up to date on all the changes that happen in this ever changing industry. As a member of our Qualification team, you will be enabling employers get group benefits for the very first time.
Gusto’s Qualification team is passionate about using innovative technology and service to elevate the health benefits experience of small business owners and their employees. Each team member is a true owner and makes a tremendous impact every day. You will use your project-management skills to streamline benefit administration with insurance carriers, drive operations and communications with third-party partners, and build the health insurance engine that will make benefits with Gusto great.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Work with carriers to ensure that the administration of health benefits is precise and delightful for our customers, employers and employees.
- Provide guidance, assistance, and support to customers at key moments in their health benefits setup with Gusto.
- Be a knowledge partner! Research, document, and educate others on updates related to internal process, external policy, and best practices.
- Be a thought partner! Work with our product team to help create a product that can deliver the best customer experience at scale.
- For those who love interacting with customers:
- Work directly with customers and health insurance carriers to implement employee benefits packages.
- For those who prefer being behind the scenes:
- Work cross functionally with internal stakeholders to build the underwriting foundation of Gusto's benefits offering.
Here's what we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience
- A passion for reducing operational inefficiencies and pain points
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university; preferred but not required
- Knowledge of employee benefits administration and benefits operations
- Project management experience (implementation and setup)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.