We’re looking for a strategic, growth-focused product marketer to help us tell and refine the Gusto story, maximize customer value, and drive growth. You’ll partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to accelerate the growth of our core payroll business. You’ll combine your product thinking, data analysis, segmentation, GTM planning and positioning to continue to accelerate Gusto’s growth. You will own bringing new products to life and fighting for the adoption of functionality that helps business owners create better places to work and more successful small businesses.
If you are a full-stack marketer with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to help small businesses grow, we’d love to hear from you!
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Help Gusto grow our business every day
- Become the voice of the customer by understanding small business owners needs through surveys, painted door tests, interviews, and analysis of product usage data
- Develop and test product offerings and packaging strategies that drive growth
- Create, test, and iterate on messaging that drives results throughout the funnel and customer lifecycle
- Impact the product roadmap by continually refining and synthesizing your understanding of the market and the small business owners we serve
- Execute go-to-market campaigns to drive product adoption, growth, and retention
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- An experienced marketer of disruptive products in a rapidly growing startup environment
- You have 5+ years of work experience in a mix of B2B and B2C environments, 2+ years in product marketing
- A wildly curious and quantitative person who uses data to solve problems. Pricing and packaging experience a plus
- A product mindset and track record earning the respect of product teams along with a roll-up your sleeves attitude
- An influencer that can work well with cross-functional teams and all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations
- BA/BS degree (master’s degree is a plus
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.