The way we connect with our customers matters. Employees are busy. And small businesses? Even busier. People need approachable language that gets to the point. The way we see it, the entire world of payroll, benefits and HR could use a healthy dose of humanity. Ready for the challenge?
Our Brand Studio team is looking for a brilliant copywriter, pronto. What the heck is a Brand Studio? We’re a cross-disciplinary group of designers, illustrators, writers, and developers focused on building a category-defining brand and having a meaningful impact on Gusto’s business.
Your role on the team will be to work with stakeholders and designers to identify messaging opportunities and write marketing copy that communicates our value clearly (and with a bit of our classic Gusto charm). You’ll report to Gusto’s Lead Copywriter to produce content for email campaigns, landing pages, acquisition ads, video scripts, and more. We’re looking for a true word nerd — someone who loves creative problem solving and is an expert collaborator — to come work with us full-time in our SF office.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Meet with internal partners across marketing and beyond to shape the strategy, ideation, and execution of high-quality messaging.
- Collaborate with brand designers to come up with creative solutions for producing great content.
- Do research! Ask questions! Payroll, HR, and benefits can be pretty dense. You’ll want to fully understand the complexities so you can write easy-to-digest content that serves our customers.
- Create thoughtful content strategies for A/B testing headlines, display ads, buttons, etc.
- Ask for feedback on your work and give feedback to your fellow writers and designers too.
- Be confident articulating your writing decisions to a variety of different partners and stakeholders.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience writing marketing copy for digital and non-digital experiences. Having a soft spot for small businesses is a plus.
- A portfolio submitted with your application containing at least five writing samples that show-off a variety of different types of projects.
- Comfort and enthusiasm working in a fast-paced and scrappy office environment.
- Experience concepting and executing projects with multiple stakeholders and collaborating closely with strategic partners and designers.
- Excellent communication skills. Even non-written ones!
- Passion for Gusto’s mission and the positive impact we can have on small businesses and employees everywhere.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and human, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver, and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds — not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you’ll find a home at Gusto.