As part of the Gusto PM team, you’ll need an experienced product sense and the ability to inspire and lead a cross-functional team. You'll have a high level of ownership and visibility as you'll be the first PM on this new important mission.
Here’s why we think you should join us:
You want to craft a product that customers love. Gusto offers an integrated Payroll, HR, and Benefits solution, delivering peace-of-mind to over 60,000 small businesses across the United States.
You want to have a meaningful impact. Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. We do so by simplifying complex decisions and tasks across Payroll, HR and Benefits. Not only will your work at Gusto help the more than 60,000 businesses we already serve, but Gusto is growing so quickly that you’ll have a large personal impact on the trajectory of our business.
You want to work with great people. Gusto is first and foremost Customer Driven – Engineering, Product and Design collaborate as equals. We value thoughtfulness and empathy. We take pride in making smart decisions based on customer research, design sprints and prototyping while balancing short and long term technical decisions.
You want to learn how to scale a successful startup. One path to building an enduring company is to take a problem that seemed too complex to tackle, and simply do it better than anyone before. There’s no question that Payroll, HR & Benefits is a huge market. With sizeable revenue and investments from Google Capital, General Catalyst, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (among others), we are set up to make the most of the giant opportunity ahead of us.
Here’s success over the next couple years:
- You have built a solution where what we bring up (and when) is triggered by customer pain. Your solution guides our customers through awareness, trial, and adoption of experiences they need when those needs arise.
- You have grown a new team from 3 people to 12 across Engineering, Product and Design that is highly motivated and efficient and has a unifying sense of identity.
- You have aligned Data Science, User Research, Marketing, Customer Support Managers, Sales, and Product Managers across Gusto to create lasting customer engagement.
- You have started from zero with a new opportunity at Gusto and built a long-term vision and strategy.
- You have identified, prioritized, and delivered impactful projects that improve the number of features used per customer per month.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of product management experience working closely with high functioning engineering and design teams serving small business or consumer customers.
- You are motivated first by helping customers and second by driving key growth metrics.
- A proven track record of product launches.
- A PM generalist that utilizes data analysis, user research, and vision equally.
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, passionate and sincerely empathetic.
- You are very good at working with product teams across the company.