Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is seeking a seasoned Software Engineer to join our engineering team in the buildout of a platform for users to invest in our digital currency projects. Key projects in the first 6 months will include integrations with APEX as we expand our Broker-Dealer capabilities. S/he will be tasked with building applications, reviewing code, writing/reviewing technical specifications, and partnering with product managers.
As an early engineering hire, the Software Engineer will be uniquely positioned to define Grayscale’s technology stack and architecture. S/he will be asked to balance security with modern Cloud technologies, ensuring our users have the best, safest experience possible. S/he will report into the VP, Technology Product Management and will need to work closely across all members of the team including Marketing, Sales, Operations, and Finance.
A Bit About Our Tech Stack:
- Development release tools include Jira, Gitlab
- Programming languages include TypeScript, Svelte, Python, C#
- Infrastructure includes Terraform, Kubernetes, AWS
- Our tech stack is relatively new (less than a year) with minimal tech debt and a lot of greenfield opportunities
- Lead the development of an investor platform, APIs/system integrations, and technical architecture allowing investors to buy and sell Grayscale investment products via APEX broker-dealer API solutions
- Provide estimates and recommendations on how to break up features for delivery via Jira project management
- Clearly and effectively communicate product delays, and remediation across the organization
- Build strong relationships with our external integration partners. Provide analysis on vendor products advantages, limitations, and security
- Escalate issues early to allow us to pivot as necessary
- Minimum of 4 years of full stack software development
- Learn new technologies quickly and can comfortably and effectively discuss the tradeoffs and benefits of various approaches with engineering team and product managers
- Strong drive and high standards to produce excellent results, with a proven track record
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with an ability to work both independently and on a face-paced team
- Bachelor’s Degree, coding boot camp, or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in an agile environment
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a regulated industry and/or Financial Services
- Experience with consumer facing platforms
- Interest in digital assets/distributed networks and how they will reshape global finance
- Automation testing frameworks (Playwright)
- Experience with Plaid, Quovo, or other ACH technologies
- Experience with APEX Fintech integrations
- Cloud networking and security
Software Engineer, Remote. Expect to meet up in our Stamford office up to monthly.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the Stamford, CT office. However, Grayscale will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.