Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
Grayscale Investments is seeking an Associate, Accounting (Management Company) to support the continued growth of its existing investment products and play a key role in supporting other digital currency-focused investment vehicles. The Associate will be involved in a wide range of accounting and finance activities with the primary responsibility of operating the Accounts Payable function for Grayscale, an digital currency asset manager with AUM in excess of $39 billion.
The Associate should have experience in accounting and bookkeeping for asset management or financial services businesses and their investment products. The candidate must be able to think strategically to manage a general range of accounting, clerical and administrative functions such as supporting team members with processing accounts payable, month-end closing procedures and performing ad-hoc accounting projects.
- Responsible for internal accounting functions including Accounts Payable, vendor onboarding, vendor management, expenses, and supporting the month end financial statements and yearly tax documentation
- Operate the Accounts Payable function for multiple legal entities including maintaining the general ledger for the related expenses, maintaining schedule for accrued expenses, amortization of pre-paid expenses, capitalization of eligible expenses, preparation of monthly reconciliations of digital assets and cash accounts
- Accurately coding invoices to the proper GL account and processing vendor/service-provider invoices in a timely manner by scheduling and processing payment requests
- Assist in facilitating new vendor onboarding and maintaining up-to-date records for all vendors
- Assist in facilitating the relationship with service providers related to designing and testing internal controls
- Assist in the implementation and performance of internal controls
- Assist with audit requests, such as preparing supporting documentation and schedules
- Maintain process documentation and look for opportunities to automate and improve daily account processes
- Assist in preparing ad-hoc internal and external financial reporting deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience required. Preferably within public accounting, financial services, or alternative investment industries
- Experience with General Ledger accounting systems preferred (Sage Intacct, a plus)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Meticulous attention to detail and high level of conscientiousness to work product
- Multitask and manage/prioritize own workload to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinker that can work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
- Understands General Ledger and is knowledgeable about Chart of Accounts and where it flows within Financial Statements
- Understanding of financial statement relationships
- Systems savvy / technology enthusiast - an ability to understand the flow of financial information through systems and the ability to apply technology to improve processes
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the Stamford, CT office. However, Grayscale will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.