Grayscale Investments is the world’s largest digital currency asset manager. Through its family of investment products, Grayscale provides access and exposure to the digital currency asset class in the form of a traditional security without the challenges of buying, storing, and safekeeping digital currencies directly. With a proven track record and unrivaled experience, Grayscale’s products operate within existing regulatory frameworks, creating secure and compliant exposure for investors.
The company seeks a highly capable, proactive communications generalist to help promote and protect Grayscale’s brand and reputation. The Communications Specialist will be a true business partner, responsible for supporting all of the Grayscale team’s strategic communications efforts.
The successful candidate for this role will need to be highly organized and detail-oriented; possess strong written and spoken communications skills; have an ability to navigate the fast-paced media, ETF, and crypto industries; be deeply and inherently interested in how traditional and new media and messaging can impact business; and willing and excited to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously – all with a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strategic Communications: Provide start to finish support on planning, execution, and measurement for all activities across Grayscale’s Communications department, reporting directly into and serving as a “right hand” to Grayscale’s Vice President, Communications.
- Media Relations: Build relationships with a broad network of media contacts to drive proactive and reactive media strategies, including drafting press releases, talking points and related corporate messaging, deepening press and reporter relationships, and monitoring and analyzing key industry trends and news stories.
- Business Partner: Serve as the day-to-day contact for select Grayscale executives to drive executive visibility, including organizing in-person and virtual engagements and events from preparation through post-engagement feedback.
- Content Creation: Partner with various verticals of Grayscale’s business to ensure our content is interesting and timely, including supporting the development, maintenance, and dissemination of content for Grayscale’s The Source blog, as well as various sales, marketing and research content.
- ETF Liaison: Learn about and stay close to developments across the Grayscale ETF team and broader ETF ecosystem, especially the confluence between ETFs and crypto – to ensure we’re building the most timely and effective messaging, events, and relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4+ years of relevant communications experience at a corporate/strategic communications agency or high-growth company in a regulated environment
- Outstanding verbal, written and critical thinking skills, including a strong ability to think strategically and creatively
- Thrives under pressure, with the ability to handle multiple projects in a demanding, deadline-oriented environment, while maintaining meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to synthesize complex information, as well as set and execute on strategic and tactical objectives
- Possesses a strong understanding of how to navigate various types of communications challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrates analytical strength and focused creativity
- Prior experience with media relations, with experience in the financial services, fintech and/or technology industry preferred
- Experience working with c-level executives, preferred
- Experience working in the ETF industry, preferred
- Thoughtful, curious, self-motivated team player – with a solutions-oriented mindset and strong desire to listen, learn and grow in the communications field
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the Stamford, CT office. However, Grayscale will consider accommodations for disability- and religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.