Grammarly empowers people to thrive and connect, whenever and wherever they communicate. More than 20 million people around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant every day. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a skilled Product Designer to support our Growth team. As a designer at Grammarly, you’ll be immersed in every step of product development, from ideation to safeguarding quality through launch. You will lead and own the design experience by collaborating closely with growth marketers, product managers, data scientists, and engineers to ship exceptional work that can drive user acquisition, activation, and retention. Our ideal candidate has a track record of leading design projects through to successful outcomes for users and the business.
The Growth team is responsible for projects that directly impact key business metrics. In this role, you will primarily work on our applications, website, and in-app user upgrade flows. You will drive impact by:
- Getting deeply familiar with Grammarly’s products, users, marketing, and design principles.
- Partnering with product managers to improve the onboarding experience and drive acquisition through multifaceted experimentation.
- Designing new features for Grammarly’s browser extension and web editor to increase upgrade rates.
- Improving Grammarly’s enterprise onboarding experience.
- Working on Grammarly’s design system to improve the consistency and speed of implementation.
We're looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Has at least 4–5 years of experience working in the relevant design industry: in-house product design and/or consultancies.
- Is passionate about the balance between strong usability and world-class aesthetics.
- Has a holistic approach to design and create elegantly simple solutions to complex problems.
- Upholds and pushes for quality, with a deep appreciation for details.
- Has a proven ability to manage workstreams and project plans as well as to ship quality product.
- Is a skilled prototyper in the tool of their choice.
- Likes taking ownership—is a self-starter and enjoys driving projects from beginning to end.
- Has a growth mindset and uses data to inform design decisions.
- Understands and enjoys the experimental and iterative nature of growth teams.
- Has excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with a diverse group of stakeholders and is an empathetic cross-functional partner
- Has undivided attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Is resilient through change and challenges.
- Is proactive in seeking and providing opportunities to improve and expand the team, their personal skills, and their experience.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, and we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds products that help people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific events and programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample and defined time off, catered lunches, gym and recreation stipends, admission discounts, and more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.