Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 2–4 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Kraków. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Group Manager, Demand Generation, to join our Demand Generation team. This role will lead a team of demand generation managers to drive a marketing-sourced sales pipeline. They will create the plan to generate MQLs that convert to pipeline for Grammarly Business, overseeing campaigns for each target persona and ensuring we are on track to hit our targets.
As Group Manager, Demand Generation, you will be pivotal in driving pipeline and revenue growth by working closely with events and content leaders within the demand generation team. You will be a key partner to our Grammarly Business sales org, establishing a solid feedback loop and ensuring sales and marketing alignment, making you a key partner to our Grammarly Business sales organization. With your strong track record of driving demand and expertise in demand gen strategies and tactics, including events, content, digital marketing, web, industry partnerships, and more, you will inherit a program that is achieving results in a scrappy way and test new formats and tactics to build a mix that achieves our ambitious growth targets.
In this role, you will:
- Help the demand generation function with an agile approach to achieve short-term targets and a strategy lens toward the future
- Leverage an innovative approach to capture attention in a crowded, fast-moving market
- Drive measurable impact for the business in a test-and-learn environment.
- Demonstrate and develop leadership skills as a highly cross-functional team member by exemplifying practical leadership qualities and fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Join a rapidly expanding unicorn at an exciting phase in its journey, with the company having just surpassed 1,000 team members.
- Have a significant impact on pipeline to reach our ambitious goal of tripling revenue within the following year.
We’re looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER values—is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 3 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Is inspired by our MOVE principles, which are the blueprint for how things get done at Grammarly: move fast and learn faster, obsess about creating customer value, value impact over activity, and embrace healthy disagreement rooted in trust.
- Has a proven track record of crafting marketing strategies and plans that drive MQLs to generate new business and expansion pipelines.
- Is capable of extracting valuable insights from both qualitative and quantitative data through thorough analysis.
- Can manage and prioritize multiple workstreams simultaneously.
- Is an expert in the B2B lead funnel, from lead > MQL > SQL> opportunity to close—understanding of what drives conversion/volume of each.
- Has strong skills in lead generation and sales enablement that accelerate the growth of sales-enabled and self-serve bookings.
- Is experienced in working directly with sales teams to understand their challenges and successes to help the greater organization be more effective.
- Can mobilize others to effect positive change.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Compensation and benefits
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage all—especially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizations—to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.